Grilled Tilapia Tacos with Jalapeno Margs

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
Last night Kate and I decided to whip up some fish tacos. Since I like mine a bit spicier/cajuning we decided to split up each of our pieces of meat. Kate (top three pieces) did salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. I did the main filet with tony's seasoning, then on the smaller third piece did habanero salt, cayenne, granulated garlic, and pepper. Both were mistoed with a little olive oil. We both enjoyed!

IMG_20140305_185738.jpg

On the grill on my poor mans fish plate to prevent them from breaking apart too much:
IMG_20140305_191157.jpg

While we were waiting for the charcoal to warm up, I decided to make a fresh jalapeno margarita. Recipe was fairly simple, 1 lime muddled, 3/4 shot of simple syrup, 2 shots tequila, ~6 slices of fresh jalapeno muddled. Poured it over ice and added a few more slices of jalapeno. All in all really good. Wasn't too spicy, Kate thought it tasted good!

IMG_20140305_190556.jpg

Plated with Kate's creama sauce (sour cream, mayo, cilantro, green onions, garlic, and lime juice) and homemade guac:
IMG_20140305_192203.jpg

Oh and if anyone or their significant other is rocking out on WW, this is 8 points for 3 tacos (with 8oz fish and topping) it turns out and its filling; margarita not included.

Until next time,
Daum

Last edited:
I will have to try this. Did you have to flip the tilapia, if so did you do it more than once?

Flipped once, the picture is just after first flip. Did it for probably 3 minutes or so a side, maybe a tad more.

Daum

Back