Grilled Stuffed Peppers

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
I bought mahi mahi and scallops for dinner, but my wife accidentally put them in the freezer as we were rushing to get my daughter to swim practice. So I did not feel like thawing them out and making dinner even later when we got home.

So she was having her usual weekend steak, which I'm avoiding for a while. And my daughter wanted some Aidells Spicy Mango Jalapeno sausage we sampled at the store the other day. So, with my 'Lifestyle Change' still in effect, strong as ever I wanted something HEALTHY!

The full recipe and lots' more pic's are at <span class="ev_code_RED">The Wolfe Pit</span>

IMG_5302.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg
IMG_5311.jpg
IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

Dang it Larry, those GSP look grate! I've done em on the WSM, never thought of grilling em.

Thanks for the idea!
icon_cool.gif

Tim

Eat your heart out Larry. I have ribs, sweet potato pie, cole slaw and a noodle pudding on tap. Also, my two sons will be here eating. If I'm lucky, they might leave something for me.
Next week, diet. LOL.
Grilled stuffed peppers is an idea worth considering. Have a nice holiday weekend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
That do look good ... Too healthy for me though!
icon_razz.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bill,
You can always stuff the peppers with sausage and cheese.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
That do look good ... Too healthy for me though!
icon_razz.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bill,
You can always stuff the peppers with sausage and cheese. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now, yer TALKIN'!
icon_biggrin.gif

Larry, that really does look good !!
icon_cool.gif

Thanks everyone! I'll tell you what, as much as I love meat, especially sirloin. Lately, I've been trying to eat more fish and chicken and especially more vegetables and whole grains. If you really put your imagination into it, you can make a meatless dish delicious! The beans and cheese's were the protein in this dish. NO NO NO, I'm never becoming Vegan, just getting healthier!! 30lbs down, about 60lbs to go! And I'm actually having fun doing it with 'new creative recipes'!

Keep up the good work, Larry! You will get nothing but praise and encouragement from us. It has been inspiring to see all the great stuff you have been making. As soon as I see you have posted, I can't wait to check out what's on your grill.

I think most of us have been a little more creative thanks to you. Those peppers look great!

Great looking peppers Larry.
Oh how I wish my wife liked peppers, any kind of peppers!
May have to make these just for me!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Great looking peppers Larry.
Oh how I wish my wife liked peppers, any kind of peppers!
May have to make these just for me! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, you could do the same with a big tomato, zucchini, squash, eggplant, etc. So find a veggie she likes and go from there!!

Larry, congrats on the weight loss. I lost about 50 lbs last year but I've gained about 10 since I joined this forum
wsmsmile8gm.gif
Keep up the good work. Your food looks awesome! I gotta get some of those CIG's

Larry, the stuffed peppers look great. You are providing motivation for those of us who need to follow in your path...thanks!

Back