Grilled Stuffed Chicken Breasts w/ a side of T-Bone...

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Got this chicken recipe from the latest Cook's Illustrated..."Grilled Stuffed Chicken Breasts". Invited a friend over and he brought a big ol' T-bone. Threw some baby white potatoes on the plate and had a great meal.

Chicken breasts stuffed with prosciutto wrapped fontina cheese.

IMG_3388.jpg

Stuffed and tied.

IMG_3389.jpg

Chicken and potatoes on 40 minutes.

IMG_3391.jpg

...and then the rain came.

IMG_3392.jpg

Cooked through the storm but didn't get any pics during the cook. Steak and chicken off.

IMG_3395.jpg

Rain stopped and the potatoes are finishing up. Bread warming.

IMG_3393.jpg

Potatoes done.

IMG_3394.jpg

Plated.

IMG_3396.jpg

Pretty dag-gon-good good meal!

Thanks for viewing!!

Don,

It all looks fantastic. I just have two questions. Are they bone on chicken breast? And where did you get that grill basket? I have seen you use it a few times and have been looking to get one.

Looks fab Don. Any chance there's a pic of the cut stuffed chicken? I'm guessing they were gobbled up before you had a chance to shot 'em.

Steaks looks Great! But, I'm a sucker for those potatoes, LOL. Taters looks great too! Thanks for the pics!

Another Great One Don! A+++
Those two last photos got me thinkin' bout breakfast
icon_biggrin.gif

Nice work and I'm sure your guest will be returning often!

Thanks, everyone!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KevinJ:
Are they bone on chicken breast? And where did you get that grill basket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, Kevin. They were bone in, skin on breasts. The recipe called for them to be cut off the bone before serving...we skipped that part.

I got the grill basket as a gift. I think it came from William Sonoma but they have discontinued it. You can get it from Amazon, however. http://www.amazon.com/Maverick...5660713&sr=8-1-fkmr1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Smith:
Did you do the compound butter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. The tarragon from the butter was very prominent in the chicken. I liked it. I think my wife thought it was overpowering. I’ll probably use less tarragon next time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
Any chance there’s a pic of the cut stuffed chicken? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, Gary... You’re right, it was gone before I knew it. My wife actually said I should take a cut pic but the camera was all the way across the room and I was eatin’...
icon_biggrin.gif

BTW. Sorry if the pics are huge on your end. Something is screwy with Photobucket. They were normal size last night after I posted but are huge this morning. Happened once before and eventually went back to normal size...If it doesn’t correct itself soon, I’ll link them.

Thanks for viewing. I appreciate the kind comments!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jay ollie:
I'm a newbe to the board, but i have to say that looks D-LISH
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Jay...and welcome!

Back