Grilled some Loin Chops on the Q2200

Seasoned with a light coating of Canola oil, and burned it in at 600 degrees for 30 minutes.
Joe, I am very aware of this, would be nice though if they did.
Larry, I did a lot of research on SS grates and seasoning, and from what I read it was recommended to get them good and black with a light coating of oil and then burn in, then lightly oil after each cooking when grill has cooled down but still warm. This will keep anything from sticking.
I'm sure yours are seasoned good just from cooking several times on them.
Decided on chicken drumsticks, and potatoes. Cooked at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, the same as the cast iron grates took.
So far I am very pleased.

image9.jpegimage7.jpegimage8.jpegimage6.jpegimage5.jpegimage4.jpegimage3.jpegimage2.jpegimage0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Last edited:
Yah, other than washing them and then coating them with a bit of cooking oil, they are pretty much plug and play. Burgers will get them looking used quick.

EDIT: Yah, some good skin on chicken will do them up nice. One of the biggest tips I have every seen to keep your meat from sticking is to get the grill good an hot before you put the meat on. Then you can dial down the heat if you like.

Yeah, honestly all I did was wash them with soap and water. Slapped them on the grill, and cooked away. Honestly don't even recall what I cooked first but IIRC it may have been my famous sausage and peppers ala Tony Soprano :D

Back