Grilled Lamb

Toby Keil

TVWBB All-Star
While my wife was at the store she found a small bone in leg of lamb. It wasn’t the full leg but it was on sale cheap so she bought it. I cut out the bone then marinated it in soy sauce, pepper, fresh garlic and I tossed in a little water so the soy sauce wasn’t too strong. We also had sweet potatoes and a nice green salad. I really love the taste of lamb and hope to grill a whole leg on the rotisserie soon.

Here’s the lamb and potatoes before I sliced the meat.
Lamb_01.jpg

The lamb is sliced and ready for eating, I had to sample a few pieces while I was cutting it. I do wish I had pulled it off a tad sooner but it was still good.
Lamb_02.jpg

My plate, I loaded my sweet potato with brown sugar and butter. The skin was nice and crispy, I ate it all. Sorry I didn’t wipe my plate clean before taking the pic...oops.
Lamb_03.jpg

Great looking Lamb Toby! I like lamb, but my Wife doesn't. So.....it's a pretty rare occasion that I cook it.

I love lamb kabobs too.
icon_frown.gif

i like lamb also. i rotisse those round leg meat things in the net. come out great. i really want to do a bone in leg but have not been able to find one. one of these days------.

GREAT POST TOBY!!
Your last photo is SENSATIONAL!!! <span class="ev_code_GREY">w0w!</span>
I'd gobble that up and ask/beg for more!
I simply ADORE lamb, and why is it that most women (every girl woman babe i know) doesn't??!!
I've made lamb at home many times and my nose is the only one that's not turned.

Again Toby, AWESOME COOK & Post! THANK YOU for sharing!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
i like lamb also. i rotisse those round leg meat things in the net. come out great. i really want to do a bone in leg but have not been able to find one. one of these days------. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>George food 4 less has been careing bone in leg of lamb, At least out here in merced county.

Toby,

Your picture shows the work of a man who knows what he is doing. You can come to my house and grill any time you want.

Bill

Looks great as usual Toby.

Love lamb and have it fairly often. My wife loves it too. In fact I think a nice thick loin chop rivals my taste for steak, in some ways I like it better frankly. Superfresh hear has half price on loin chops from time to time and I will typically pick some up.

Also try some pulled lamb shoulder, I love that too.

Leg of lamb on the rotie is great. Save the bones! I typically have the butcher remove the bone for me and band saw it into 2-3 inch pieces. The marrow is great. I roast them seperate or place them inside the leg roast and re-tie.

Nice looking plate. I am in the same boat as others whose wife/significant other doesn't like lamb. At least my kids do.

I usually only get imported lamb from NZ and find that asian flavoured marinades really work well.

So my wife will be complaining sometime soon about me wanting to cook some more lamb - and I'll tell her "you can blame Toby".

Back