Grilled Ahi

Anthony Sesser

This was my first attempt at making Ahi. I grilled it over my charcoal starter, a little less than half full for 30 seconds a side. I seasoned with salt, pepper, a little soy, and a little olive oil. I think it turned out great! As a side I made steamed beans, carrots and peppers with white rice. Sorry in advance for the cell phone pic.

QQHBGl.jpg

Perfect looking tuna!

Here's my first attempt:

viewFile.html

My mistake: Putting the fish on the grill straight out of the fridge. By the time the outside was seared, the inside was just a tad less done than I wanted. Your area of done meat - maybe a little over 1/8" - looks perfect. It still tasted great though.

Thanks for the compliments everyone
icon_biggrin.gif

Martin, I always let whatever I'm grilling/smoking come close to room temp. before I throw it on the grill. Yours still looks great and I'm sure it tasted delicious! The side dishes look amazing too.

Looks great! Never tasted grilled tuna.(not a big fish eater) But when fish is done like a steak i might aswell try.

Originally posted by Wolgast:
Looks great! Never tasted grilled tuna.(not a big fish eater) But when fish is done like a steak i might aswell try.

I love grilled tuna, I'd rather eat Ahi over a beef steak any day. When it's cooked right it's hard to tell difference between the two, in my opinion anyway...

Back