Grilla gloves--can't find them anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bergan

TVWBB Member
Can anyone help?? I've checked all the local stores (Bed, Bath and Beyond; Linens & Things; HD; Lowes; the local patio/fireplace store) and nobody carries them. I can't find them online either.

Any suggestions?

I looked all for Grills gloves also. I even searched the company "Grilla Gear", but they did not show the gloves anymore. Welding gloves are the same thing and cheaper.

I just ordered a pair from ACE Hardware outlet on line. They are $13.99 per pair. Don't have email address but MSN search should locate.

Keri Cathey posted this on gloves... and I agree..
Gloves: my favorite gloves for hoisting meats around in the smoker are Wells Lamont PVC coated work gloves. Waterproof, greaseproof, heatproof, only $3.99 at K-mart, and they worked great even for reaching down into the WSM and flipping a brisket on the bottom rack. I took a picture of 'em for another gentleman after this weekend's cook. Here's what they look like:

http://www.gbronline.com/kcathey/bbq/gloves1.jpg
http://www.gbronline.com/kcathey/bbq/gloves2.jpg

I have been using them for years for smoking and oyster roast.. They're cheap and work great...you can find them at most any hardware store, etc.. They're easy to keep clean and last for years..

Cheers!!

bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Try Goode Company's Barbeque Hall of Flame store (800) 627-3502. They don't show them on their web site, but they had them in the retail store when I was in there last week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>John Bergan writes:
I noticed these on harborfreight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47626

Think they'll help during an all night cook?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
47626.gif

These are cool. It would scare the other teams, plus you could work in the dark and they couldn't see what you're doing! Add an $8 meat cleaver
03182.gif
and you won't have to worry about any homeless people bothering you. (I got one, it's cheap steel, works OK for the price)

Bugg-

Quick question - did the gloves mention anything about heat resistance on them?

I was in K-Mart tonight, and I picked up a pair of Wells-Lamont coated gloves which looked *exactly* like those in the picture. They cost $4.29, but I noticed that there was no mention of heat on them, except that if you washed them, you should *not* dry them in heat.

Was wondering if I got the right gloves, or if they're gonna melt on me because I picked up the wrong ones (there weren't any other types of coated gloves).

I don't mind 'em being wrong if not, can always use a good set of rubberized gloves around the garage...

NycBBQ

That sounds like the right glove..PVC coated, price, etc. An easy way to check if there heat resistant is to put them on and turn on your hot water... Let the water run on the gloves for a sec. or two... it want take long to know if there heat resistant ... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif ... if they are you'll be surprised how great they work... I can pick up hot meat right off the grill, move the grate or water pan, pick up hot oysters, etc. Let me know if you like them ...

Cheers!!!

bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NYcBBQ, the gloves you describe sound like the same ones I use. (I was the one who originally posted about the Wells Lamont PVC-coated work gloves.) They may not specify any heat resistance on them, but I will attest that I have comfortably used them removing hot grates from the smoker, moving hot thermometer probes around in meats, and for flipping large briskets and butts. Thus far, no damage to the coating on the gloves, and the heat doesn't come through to my skin. As I've said in other threads, I'm sure there's a limit to the heat they can take, but I haven't found it yet. Of course, then, I haven't picked up a flaming log or red-hot coal and held them in the palm of my hand for any length of time, either... now I DID grab one end of a burning log in the offset once and quickly rearrange it on the fire, but no damage to the glove or heat felt through the glove.

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

Thanks guys - those are them! Did bugg's test, and found that the hot water didn't affect my hands at all, or the glove.

I'm guessing that maybe prolonged dry heat from a dryer would cause the gloves to melt, so the warning was on the sticker.

They were cheap enough to merit picking up another pair, and MUCH more flexible than the Grilla Gear gloves (I have a pair, not in love with 'em). Great stuff!

I just purchased a new set of gloves after using my Grilla Gear guys for about 5 years.

I went with the 14" WellsLamont, coated gloves. They are NOT PVC coated...can't remember what they are coated with! The only drawback with the others mentioned here is the length....I like to cover my arms as well.

I can't pick up hot coals like the Grilla's, but they are heavy enough to pick up hot grates, meat, etc.

They worked great and for around $5, a real bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back