Grill Grates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank S

TVWBB Super Fan
Has anyone seen or tried this? They offer two versions, one with an anodized finish and the other porcelain coated. I wonder how they compare to the new cast iron grates that are becoming popular.

Grill Grate

One possible problem that I saw was:

"Exceptional non-stick for low/ medium heat searing and sizzling"

Wonder what happens with high heat?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Wonder what happens with high heat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It said that the anodized was rated up to 1000 degrees and the porcelain coated up to 600 degrees. If you were to buy this for searing, it would seem that the anodized would be the way to go.

I've got a Cast Iron grate on my performer and it's a joy to cook with......Totally different cooking experience.

I paid a steep price though (80usd) and the verdict is still out on routine use as the maintenance and care required will be an additional concern...............But I'll tell you this, it's a totally different grill with C/I.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Neiner:
I've got a Cast Iron grate on my performer and it's a joy to cook with......Totally different cooking experience.

I paid a steep price though (80usd) and the verdict is still out on routine use as the maintenance and care required will be an additional concern...............But I'll tell you this, it's a totally different grill with C/I. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seriously been considering the cast iron grates. At least for me, and I know it's kind of a waste of money, I like to buy a new 22.5 hinged grate each season... So it would kind of even itself out if I kept it for 4 years.

I can't imagine what kind of sizzle and grill marks I'd get with a raging fire of lump.. mmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back