Grill Flipper "retiring part-out"

Did you do the paint job on that? Love the wheels.
I can't take any credit for anything more than matching colors. The plastics all come out preformed and dyed. It is literally a bolt-on process. The remaining "dressy" items are a black carbon fiber pattern and should complement things nicely.

I will be moving to a "Golf cart community" hopefully in April. My wife is against buying one, but eventually.... And when I find a deal on a used one I may take up fixing them also;-) Too bad people usually don't put them out at the curb for free!
The market is nuts right now too and since all carts basically look the same, you have bad flippers pushing obsolete or trash out the door.

I average a cart every couple of months, and the profit margin is about $1-2k per cart. I also do service and upgrades, which I charge $50/hr. It's a lucrative side hustle, but takes up quite a bit of space.

My personal carts have been fun. 05 EZGO TXT Lithium swapped and 48v converted. 32 mph. My current cart is an AC converted Lithium Swapped Club Car DS that hits 37 mph. It's a work in progress, but our family loves it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220221_231445658.jpg
    PXL_20220221_231445658.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220308_091304.jpg
    IMG_20220308_091304.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 10
There’s nothing wrong with turning wrenches on Webers and golf carts. These are before and after shots of my current project cart in progress. It’s an update for some friends who decided it was time for a custom look on their campground cruiser. I’ve still got a dash, steering wheel / column, electrical, and some additional bolt-on stuff to do but it’s getting close. I can’t get over what has happened to pricing on this stuff, though. They’re $4k in for parts on this thing. It was half that amount pre-pandemic to do a similar cart.View attachment 46814View attachment 46815View attachment 46816

Nice looking cart. I agree, everything now is just out of control. Delays on what you can even get too.

I specialize in the "budget" carts, so I basically just take a stock cart, clean it up, and take care of all the mechanical stuff. The folks doing body kits and all that are talking about 6+ week lead times now. The new Navitas frames are only making it worse IMO because people are stripping otherwise good carts for parts to build the Money Carts.

The market is nuts right now too and since all carts basically look the same, you have bad flippers pushing obsolete or trash out the door.

I average a cart every couple of months, and the profit margin is about $1-2k per cart. I also do service and upgrades, which I charge $50/hr. It's a lucrative side hustle, but takes up quite a bit of space.

My personal carts have been fun. 05 EZGO TXT Lithium swapped and 48v converted. 32 mph. My current cart is an AC converted Lithium Swapped Club Car DS that hits 37 mph. It's a work in progress, but our family loves it.
How did the Lithium swap go for you? And whose Lithium did you go with? I did a PlumQuick torque motor upgrade on my personal cart (48v CC Precedent) last year to offset what I lost by adding the lift kit and couldn't be happier. The only thing left to take it to the next level is the Lithium swap as far as I'm concerned. There's just so many mixed reviews about the suppliers that I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on any one of them.

How did the Lithium swap go for you? And whose Lithium did you go with? I did a PlumQuick torque motor upgrade on my personal cart (48v CC Precedent) last year to offset what I lost by adding the lift kit and couldn't be happier. The only thing left to take it to the next level is the Lithium swap as far as I'm concerned. There's just so many mixed reviews about the suppliers that I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on any one of them.
I love lithium. The conversion is basically plug-and-play, with you only needing to install a 12v inverter to power your lights if you don't already have one. We charge our cart about once a week now and drive 3-5 miles a day. They are significantly more efficient than lead acid and handle temp changes much better too.

I started with a 105ah 36v RoyPow pack on my stock cart and the difference was night and day. You drop 250lbs of weight plus the instant torque delivery is unreal. Upgraded that cart to a 48v Alltrax controller and then installed a 48v 103ah BigBattery pack. Cruising at 30 mph easily with 4 adults on board and could pull the front wheels off the ground when riding solo.

I sold that cart for my current Club Car DS that has a Navitas 4kw AC conversion and am now waiting on the new generation EcoBattery 105 pack to be delivered sometime this month.

Still running the BigBattery in the new cart, but it is giving me a lot of performance issues due to limited amp draw from the BMS cutout. My original charger from them caught on fire in my garage while my wife happened to be in there. BB made it right with a new charger, but just shows how cheap of a product they are willing to put out when luck is the only thing that kept me from burning my garage down.

I have used personally used RoyPow, BigBattery, and EcoBattery in mine or friend's carts. The local cart shops I source parts from have used Extreme Team and another brand I can't recall that is in a silver box with a crown on it. The market over the last 12 months was the wild west, but things have settled down and you can see who makes a good product. 90% of the companies are just importing the same "black box" batteries from Alibaba and slapping their label on them. Cheap BMS and straight up lie about the performance specs and capabilities.

The only quality option is Eco Battery. Anything else is junk.

I work very closely with our local battery shop. The specialize in rebuilding hybrid car packs and are extremely knowledgeable. The only thing they carry now is EcoBattery. US company with great support, solid warranty, quality cells, and they respond to customer feedback to improve. These other brands are fly-by-night. ExtremeTeam had a 100% failure rate at another local shop. Yikes...

If you need batteries and have a stock controller buy the Eco 72 and you'll be thrilled with the difference. It prices in around $2300 with a new charger here in Charleston. Range will be 25+ miles. IF you want a little more range or plan to upgrade your cart's controller, spring for the Eco 105 for around $2800. Higher peak output and more ah to soak up those performance draw.

I love lithium. The conversion is basically plug-and-play, with you only needing to install a 12v inverter to power your lights if you don't already have one. We charge our cart about once a week now and drive 3-5 miles a day. They are significantly more efficient than lead acid and handle temp changes much better too.

I started with a 105ah 36v RoyPow pack on my stock cart and the difference was night and day. You drop 250lbs of weight plus the instant torque delivery is unreal. Upgraded that cart to a 48v Alltrax controller and then installed a 48v 103ah BigBattery pack. Cruising at 30 mph easily with 4 adults on board and could pull the front wheels off the ground when riding solo.

I sold that cart for my current Club Car DS that has a Navitas 4kw AC conversion and am now waiting on the new generation EcoBattery 105 pack to be delivered sometime this month.

Still running the BigBattery in the new cart, but it is giving me a lot of performance issues due to limited amp draw from the BMS cutout. My original charger from them caught on fire in my garage while my wife happened to be in there. BB made it right with a new charger, but just shows how cheap of a product they are willing to put out when luck is the only thing that kept me from burning my garage down.

I have used personally used RoyPow, BigBattery, and EcoBattery in mine or friend's carts. The local cart shops I source parts from have used Extreme Team and another brand I can't recall that is in a silver box with a crown on it. The market over the last 12 months was the wild west, but things have settled down and you can see who makes a good product. 90% of the companies are just importing the same "black box" batteries from Alibaba and slapping their label on them. Cheap BMS and straight up lie about the performance specs and capabilities.

The only quality option is Eco Battery. Anything else is junk.

I work very closely with our local battery shop. The specialize in rebuilding hybrid car packs and are extremely knowledgeable. The only thing they carry now is EcoBattery. US company with great support, solid warranty, quality cells, and they respond to customer feedback to improve. These other brands are fly-by-night. ExtremeTeam had a 100% failure rate at another local shop. Yikes...

If you need batteries and have a stock controller buy the Eco 72 and you'll be thrilled with the difference. It prices in around $2300 with a new charger here in Charleston. Range will be 25+ miles. IF you want a little more range or plan to upgrade your cart's controller, spring for the Eco 105 for around $2800. Higher peak output and more ah to soak up those performance draw.
Great info. Thank you.

Back