Grill Flipper "retiring part-out"

BrandonHudson

TVWBB Fan
Due to some changes in my life, I've moved on from grill to golf carts, so the Weber parts bin has to go. Everything is basically name your own price and pay shipping or come get it if you are local. If someone wants it all, please come get it. Located in North Charleston, SC.
I can get close up pics of anything specific.

I'm sure most of this stuff isn't worth shipping, but I hate to toss it without at least trying to find it a home. Highly motivated to get it rehomed!

of interest:
- 05 Genesis Platinum stainless frame
- 04/05 open cart bottom
- 05 genesis platinum flip outs (with stainless insert)
- Genesis flip out and side table
- 05 Summit smoke box and "mini" grate (will fit Genesis)
- TONS of knobs
- older style "all-in-one" Genesis side burner
- 04/05 Summit Flavorizer bars (half)

Attachments

• PXL_20220307_170932683.jpg
    PXL_20220307_170932683.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20220307_170938491.jpg
    PXL_20220307_170938491.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20220307_170948493.jpg
    PXL_20220307_170948493.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20220307_171104634.jpg
    PXL_20220307_171104634.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20220307_171112718.jpg
    PXL_20220307_171112718.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20220307_171120505.jpg
    PXL_20220307_171120505.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20220307_171126282.jpg
    PXL_20220307_171126282.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20220307_171146093.jpg
    PXL_20220307_171146093.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20220307_171204228.jpg
    PXL_20220307_171204228.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 32
I will be moving to a "Golf cart community" hopefully in April. My wife is against buying one, but eventually.... And when I find a deal on a used one I may take up fixing them also;-) Too bad people usually don't put them out at the curb for free!

I will be moving to a "Golf cart community" hopefully in April. My wife is against buying one, but eventually.... And when I find a deal on a used one I may take up fixing them also;-) Too bad people usually don't put them out at the curb for free!
We will expect to see your long drive smokes and short putts on your future WeberGolfCartGrill

There’s nothing wrong with turning wrenches on Webers and golf carts. These are before and after shots of my current project cart in progress. It’s an update for some friends who decided it was time for a custom look on their campground cruiser. I’ve still got a dash, steering wheel / column, electrical, and some additional bolt-on stuff to do but it’s getting close. I can’t get over what has happened to pricing on this stuff, though. They’re $4k in for parts on this thing. It was half that amount pre-pandemic to do a similar cart.5723F55C-6E04-4ACA-B5B9-7C0AFE11FAD6.jpegE33C12A5-4E47-41C9-9174-2F7BA9D9D8D6.jpeg47013E6E-FFA4-4E0B-ACCC-D3EAE423BFE4.jpeg

There’s nothing wrong with turning wrenches on Webers and golf carts. These are before and after shots of my current project cart in progress. It’s an update for some friends who decided it was time for a custom look on their campground cruiser. I’ve still got a dash, steering wheel / column, electrical, and some additional bolt-on stuff to do but it’s getting close. I can’t get over what has happened to pricing on this stuff, though. They’re $4k in for parts on this thing. It was half that amount pre-pandemic to do a similar cart.View attachment 46814View attachment 46815View attachment 46816
Tom, I can't get over how much a lot of things have gone up in price. I have to buy my son a new car and I'm floored by how much they are now. I guess everything is relative and your golf cart restoration is pretty cool.

Tom, I can't get over how much a lot of things have gone up in price. I have to buy my son a new car and I'm floored by how much they are now. I guess everything is relative and your golf cart restoration is pretty cool.
Toshiba has sounded a warning that the current goings-on are likely to stretch the current chip shortage, possibly a year further. I think we may be in for a bumpy ride, so there is no time like the present...things are never so good that they couldn't be better, and never so bad they couldn't be worse.

Toshiba has sounded a warning that the current goings-on are likely to stretch the current chip shortage, possibly a year further. I think we may be in for a bumpy ride, so there is no time like the present...things are never so good that they couldn't be better, and never so bad they couldn't be worse.
I'm actually expecting things to get worse before they get better at this point based on recent events so I'm not going to procrastinate on the kid's car.

I'm actually expecting things to get worse before they get better at this point based on recent events so I'm not going to procrastinate on the kid's car.
I think that's a wise choice! I can't say I'm a fan of electric vehicles, but the writing is on the wall, I think.

I think that's a wise choice! I can't say I'm a fan of electric vehicles, but the writing is on the wall, I think.
Well, the interesting thing about electric cars is that the only ones that people seem to want are Teslas. I personally like them but don't think they should be status symbols or as expensive as they are are currently.

Well, the interesting thing about electric cars is that the only ones that people seem to want are Teslas. I personally like them but don't think they should be status symbols or as expensive as they are are currently.
And that's with some hefty incentives and subsidies! Our daughter works with a guy that owns one...they are nice cars but you have to pay for the software updates (some or all, I'm not sure). Any what do you do when the batteries wear out?

And that's with some hefty incentives and subsidies! Our daughter works with a guy that owns one...they are nice cars but you have to pay for the software updates (some or all, I'm not sure). Any what do you do when the batteries wear out?
I have seen where there are aftermarket battery pack replacements. But the main thing is that it this point electric cars are a luxury item. GM seems to be pretty committed to electric cars so we will see what happens. I would probably rather have an electric car than one with a tiny gas engine at this point. We'll see.

I have seen where there are aftermarket battery pack replacements. But the main thing is that it this point electric cars are a luxury item. GM seems to be pretty committed to electric cars so we will see what happens. I would probably rather have an electric car than one with a tiny gas engine at this point. We'll see.
I don't know if they can ever produce a cheap EV, they require so much in precious resources...cars may very well become a luxury item at some time in the future. But it's inevitable, I'm sure.

Ford, too. I read where there are (separating, not spinning off) their EV business, a sign of their commitment to EV.

There’s nothing wrong with turning wrenches on Webers and golf carts. These are before and after shots of my current project cart in progress. It’s an update for some friends who decided it was time for a custom look on their campground cruiser. I’ve still got a dash, steering wheel / column, electrical, and some additional bolt-on stuff to do but it’s getting close. I can’t get over what has happened to pricing on this stuff, though. They’re $4k in for parts on this thing. It was half that amount pre-pandemic to do a similar cart.View attachment 46816
Did you do the paint job on that? Love the wheels.

Back