Greetings from the Jersey Shore

ChrisFitz

TVWBB Member
Long time Silver One Touch owner. 15 plus years old. The one touch has finally rusted in place after two years of not using it, never enough time, and I had a trusty Weber Genesis Silver for quick cooks.

But looking to get back into charcoal. Not sure if I am buying new, either a Master Touch or the low end Performer.

Happy Grilling. :blackkettle:

Welcome! Where are you on the shore?

I am in Ocean County, Lacey Township.

Just finished putting together a recused Green Performer, I like rescued rather than used, because it was so clean, not sure how much it was used. The only issue is the ignition not working, I hear it clicking, changed the battery, looked like the original cheap battery in it, and I smell gas, so I will take it apart later today and clean, and hopefully will fire. If not I have chimneys...;)

Clean the tube and the little pinhole where the gas comes out. Oh, and welcome to the forum. My grandparents lived in Monmouth Beach many years ago.

Thanks for the welcome. Finally getting back into charcoal after a two year hiatus.

Any suggestions on cleaning the tube and pin hole. Want to make sure I do not damage anything. Rather clean it than spend 425 on a new one.

I posted this on another board, any suggestions on upgrading the grates from the standard grates. I feel like I have to replace them every year.

Thanks

The pin hole I'm referring to is where the propane line connects to the tube going into the kettle. There is a kotter key holding it. Remove the kotter key and stick a needle in the hole and remove anything that might be in there. I have found that it will build up a white residue over time. As for the tube, hust ran a couat hanger through it to make sure there are no spider webs inside it.

Thanks Pat, I will give it a go this afternoon. Thanks for the tips. Now I just have to figure out what the Inaugural Meat Item will be this weekend.

Back