Greetings from the "Great White North".

Matthew Allen

Hi - I'm Matt. I hail from Huntsville, Ontario, Canada - site of the 2008 G8 Summit. Fortunately, the world leaders came and went without incident, unlike Toronto where the G20 was held the same weekend with a side order of riot.

I like to do a lot of indirect grilling, but started on a low end gasser, then a cheap offset. Things started to improve after I snagged a 22.5" kettle on Craigslist(older with daisy wheel intakes). I've had respectable results with ribs, pork shoulder, brisket and chicken in all variety of weather.

For more volume and a fun project, I built an Ugly Drum Smoker last year, but lately I'm using the kettle and UDS about equally. I work away from the family and like to BBQ every weekend if possible when I'm home.

I'm looking forward to learning new stuff and swapping ideas on the forum.

Cheers,
Matt

another Canadian??!! :D
only joshin' ya Matt!
Welcome to our addiction!
Sounds like you're well on your way to being a full-fledged junkie...and there's no BETTER place than right here!
Enjoy your stay:wsm:

Matt welcome to the forum. Hope you weren't one of the flood victims down there. Kind of cool to be able to canoe to The Beer Store though.

To Bob - No we live on high ground, so no flood issues. I heard about the owner of Home Hardware at that plaza kayaking. I'll have to check youtube. Some other bright light was wakeboarding behind a pickup truck. The pavement in that lot is pretty sketchy, and I'm surprised they didn't tear out the suspension.

To Gary - I thought it was just Deli meats(which I have no problem with). I'll check it out on your recommendation, thanks.

Nice folks here. I believe I'll stick around.

Back