Greetings from Southwest Florida

MikeyB

Hi everyone, my name is mikeyB and I live in southwest Florida

I have been BBQ'n all my life, and like most of you, I have been in pursuit of the best equipment to do it. I started out on cheap grills then 55gal drums, weber kettles and even a BGE.
I just purchased a WSM, it arrived yesterday. I will be doing whole chickens for my first smoke.

I got my WSM from amazon. it is a 2014 model and came with the thermometer port, cool thing to have but a pain to install.
I love to cook and I''m looking forward to smokin-um up on the WSM. I'm retired so I have a lot of time to devote to cooking.

Welcome Mikey! Glad to have you. Most of my Aunts and Uncles who are retired head to the Sunshine State. Maybe to get away from the snow and cold. You'll love the WSM.

Welcome MikeyB....we will be expecting a lot of good cooks from you! Be sure to post pictures and show us how it is done.

Welcome to the group! Be prepared to spend a lot of time on here! I joined earlier this month and can't stay off!

CM

I have a 22.5 WSM. I do a lot of entertaining.
I have a love for brining so I will be brinng the chicken and seasoning with a rub with a little lemon zest added.

Hi Mikey,

It won't be too long before I join you down there.
I'm looking for a place in the Bonita Springs area, hopefully on a canal to put my boat in.
I'll be visiting the end of March, I'll be over for some Q. Please.

Back