Greetings from SE Michigan

Hello! I began to learn barbecue and grilling with my first Weber, a One-Touch Gold, about 14 years ago. We were living in North Carolina at the time and I didn't get much help from friends and neighbors, so I found a copy of Steven Raichlen's How To Grill, read it over and over, bought a pork butt for my first cook and haven't looked back. I didn't take very good care of the OTG, I'm sorry to say. For this past Memorial Day we brought home a Performer Deluxe and I'll be doing my first brisket tomorrow. I also discovered the Weber Kettle Club forums and am excited about cleaning up and restoring the OTG.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi Ann-Marie, WELCOME!!!!! Thank goodness another female. lol. Sorry to say I don't know a thing about the grills, but I go overboard here posting recipes to use on them. You will love it here. Everyone is sooo nice. (don't make a liar out of me boys. lol)

I have that book and 21 of his other books, a fan here also.

Joan, nice to meet you! I'm something of a cookbook collector myself, more baking than anything else, but I don't think I have 22 of anybody's books! I'm using Raichlen's Lean and Mean Texas Barbecue Brisket recipe for tomorrow's project and am hoping for good things. Is The Brisket Chronicles worth getting?

Hi Ann-Marie, thank you, nice to meet you too. Sorry, but that is one of his few books that I do not have, but, as far as I am concerned, all of his books are worth having. lol

Ann-Marie, do you mind sharing what cookbooks you have? Do you have a favorite book or author?

Welcome,
Take pictures of your first brisket cook tomorrow and of the whole restoration of the One-Touch Gold. I have a WSM 14 that has been used every other day or so for the last few months, but I just got a new to me Master Touch this week and will give it first run tomorrow. I have learned so much on this forum over the last few months. Good luck on the brisket!

Back