Greetings from Iceland.

Welcome mate! I would love to have a trip like that in the states. One day..One Day! hope you get the temp problem solved. With all vents opend it cant be anything else then a fuel problem. Be sure to report back...

Welcome aboard. If you can post photos of your setup we may be able to point out an issue to help. Your fuel is a good first place to start.

Last edited:
Welcome Hilmir

I'm Troy lew.
TVWBB is a great resource.
Thanks for the video, awesome.
You can also try a few pieces of lump charcoal in your starter. Tends to burn hotter, may help.
I have cooked on the kettle for years, just picked up WSM last year, there is a learning curve with any new tool.

To many good cooks ahead:wsm:

So I recived the V-burner for my Weber, gonna give it a try this weekend. I´ve been going around trying to find Kingsford coals but they only seem to be avalable during the summers here in Iceland. All I can find are cheap noname coals.

Since you've had a couple of issues with the Weber coals, a bag of 'cheap noname coals' is still worth a try.
Hope ya get up & running.

Welcome aboard, Hilmir! As others have said, your fuel may be bad. Also you may want to set up a wind break as wind is a worse enemy than cold.

Back