Greetings from Connecticut!

Hello everyone!

So I'm a bit late posting one of these, but wanted to get one on the books. First I want to say thank you to the entire community for being so welcoming to me. I was able to find all the NLA parts I needed for my Weber Genesis 1000 grills and continue to get support and tips for keeping them in working order! Plan to contribute as much as I can back to the community with grilling experiences and hopefully parts swapping as my grills part stock is drying up it seems.

I am a Logistics Consultant for my day job, and have a home business with my wife doing outdoor power equipment repair while she does pet services and remote accounting work.. We home brew beer & wine, a musician, playing bass for about 20yrs now, and into pinball machines. I used to be into paintball for years, but after multiple surgeries last year, those days are over.

My wife and I during COVID have built our own speakeasy/brewery/diner/theater/arcade in our basement. With all this COVID crap happening and with family members who are high risk, figured hey build our own so we don't need to leave the house. You can see the build thread here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/building-a-home-brew-pub-setup.599322

Anyways I consider myself a DIY jack of all trades type of person. If its something I can learn and do myself I'll make it happen. May not get it right the first time, but taking the learning (and teaching) in stride. Hope to meet others on here with like minded interests.

I am a big believer in the forums, and I'm active on many. Lots of knowledge to be shared, and learning something new everyday certainly keeps me from being bored!

Cheers all!

Last edited:
Gary, that's a stellar bar build!!! I used to spend a bit of time over at HBT when I was brewing, good folks..... Is that an electric mash tun that I saw in the pics (looks like an insulated kettle that you have wired up.....151F on the therm gives me the clue that you are mashing something in there. :)

Thanks for the intro!

R

Welcome definitely a nice setup! I used to play paintball years ago my first market was a Nelspot 007 converted to vertical feed.
Im a basic Tippman 98 Custom and A5 with flatline barrels, nitro tank, remote line, vest. Played DDay scenario game for years at Skirmish USA in the Poconos. What a blast to play with over 4500+ people. Funny how I barely had the money but all the time in the world yet somehow went every year for nearly 6 years. Now I have the money and not enough time. Funny how life goes. I wouldnt get squat for my gear so I'll keep it for sentimental reasons. If my friends ever wanted to do a nostalgia game for ol times sake, I can gear up and go!.

Gary, that's a stellar bar build!!! I used to spend a bit of time over at HBT when I was brewing, good folks..... Is that an electric mash tun that I saw in the pics (looks like an insulated kettle that you have wired up.....151F on the therm gives me the clue that you are mashing something in there. :)

Thanks for the intro!

R
That is a custom built brew in a bag setup. Its a 120VAC 2250W element and 7.5 gal pot. I mostly do partial grain recipes. The video below is from last year. You can even see much of the basement before my wife and I finished it. I do plan on doing more video updates soon. Home brewing, pinball have been the primary hobbies for a while now. Music took a back seat after buying a house and getting married. Rehabbing these grills is a new thing as of the last month or two. :)

Looks like fun!

It most certainly is. Hopefully after COVID we can throw a cookout party.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

So I'm a bit late posting one of these, but wanted to get one on the books. First I want to say thank you to the entire community for being so welcoming to me. I was able to find all the NLA parts I needed for my Weber Genesis 1000 grills and continue to get support and tips for keeping them in working order! Plan to contribute as much as I can back to the community with grilling experiences and hopefully parts swapping as my grills part stock is drying up it seems.

I am a Logistics Consultant for my day job, and have a home business with my wife doing outdoor power equipment repair while she does pet services and remote accounting work.. We home brew beer & wine, a musician, playing bass for about 20yrs now, and into pinball machines. I used to be into paintball for years, but after multiple surgeries last year, those days are over.

My wife and I during COVID have built our own speakeasy/brewery/diner/theater/arcade in our basement. With all this COVID crap happening and with family members who are high risk, figured hey build our own so we don't need to leave the house. You can see the build thread here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/building-a-home-brew-pub-setup.599322

Anyways I consider myself a DIY jack of all trades type of person. If its something I can learn and do myself I'll make it happen. May not get it right the first time, but taking the learning (and teaching) in stride. Hope to meet others on here with like minded interests.

I am a big believer in the forums, and I'm active on many. Lots of knowledge to be shared, and learning something new everyday certainly keeps me from being bored!

Cheers all!
Welcome.

Where in Ct are you?

Back