Greetings all - a quick thermometer Q

CGariepy

TVWBB Fan
I am hopefully picking up my new WSM 22.5 this weekend.. I am thinking I'd like to get a new thermo with a wireless thing I could keep in the house or an app that I could use off of my iphone (if they have them).

I am so excited to use a WSM, I have been doing tons of research and have used a horizontal smoker, with mediocre results for a while. I had a cheap elec smoker that did ok but now I want the good stuff.

I have read this site for a few months and just joined!! what a wealth of information.

any help is appreciated.

From the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigans U.P.

Chris

Chris
You did exactly what I did. Horizontal smoker, electric, now the WSM. I just have one thing to say. YOUR GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!!
As for a thermometer, I use the Maverick, but I know there's one for your I phone. I'm waiting for the android base.
Have fun, from experience, the people on this forum are over the top for helping out.

+1 for the WSM! :)
I used the WSM for the first time on the 24th. I bought the Maverick ET733 wireless thermometer. I use their rotisserie model when I run the rotisserie on my kettles.
I also just ordered a Thermapen backlit model.

Martin: Happy New Year! I love the Maverick ET733. I ordered mine when I ordered my WSM. I got the package deal with the Grizzly Bear Paws - sweet deal! :)
I am smoking 6 slabs today (photos to follow..). This is my 3rd time using the WSM, and I have used the Maverick each time. Today; I'm using it solely for grate temperature reading.
I also used my new Thermapen last night to check temp. on some chicken I was grilling. That thing is SWEET!!! So Fast, & accurate! Worth $100+? Yes!!!

Sorry to jump in , So a Maverick ET733 is a good starting point , thermometer wise?

Chris
You did exactly what I did. Horizontal smoker, electric, now the WSM. I just have one thing to say. YOUR GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!!
As for a thermometer, I use the Maverick, but I know there's one for your I phone. I'm waiting for the android base.
Have fun, from experience, the people on this forum are over the top for helping out.

Hey Mark, the I grill is available with android, i have one but i have trouble with it.

Thermoworks has a remote also. Good product and company, but may be more expensive than a Maverick.

Welcome Chris! Your gonna love the WSM. I started with a CharGriller w/side smoker box..had it for years why I waited so long to purchase Webers is beyond me. As far as temperature I highly recommend a Maverick. I've used the 732 for a couple yrs. now no problems. I also purchased the igrill made for the iPhone/iPad/iPod but I hate it..tried using it a couple times and always loses reception with Bluetooth. Anyways fellow Michigander stay warm and start smoking!

Welcome to the club! I just picked up my 2014 18.5" yesterday at Lowes!! Super excited to try it out this weekend alog with the new iGrill mini i received as an Xmas gift!

Back