Great sandblasting company in Southern California (firebox restorations)

Gregory Pinch

TVWBB Member
Having checked around Los Angeles, most media blasting companies have a minimum shop charge of around $125.
I found Premium Sandblasting and Cerakote in Santa Fe Springs that would sandblast my firebox for $50.
They used an extra fine sand so the finish was like having it glass bead blasted.

They also offer Cerakote high-heat coatings.
I painted my firebox with XTC - Xtreme Temperature Coating.

The firebox is from a Genesis II LX E-240.

Attachments

• IMG_5254.jpeg
    IMG_5254.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5248.jpeg
    IMG_5248.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 19
Having checked around Los Angeles, most media blasting companies have a minimum shop charge of around $125.
I found Premium Sandblasting and Cerakote in Santa Fe Springs that would sandblast my firebox for $50.
They used an extra fine sand so the finish was like having it glass bead blasted.

They also offer Cerakote high-heat coatings.
I painted my firebox with XTC - Xtreme Temperature Coating.

The firebox is from a Genesis II LX E-240.
Looks fantastic!!! I can't wait to see it finished.

It looks great. Greg, you may be the first person to restore a Genesis II grill. In my mind those grills are only a few years old. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

I like that silver on the cookbox! Did they have other color options with the cerakote? I assume that is similar to what they use on exhaust manifolds?

What I miss are radiator shops. I used to get all kinds of stuff boiled. That firebox did come out nicely
I have always wondered if an engine shop could hot tank a cookbox?

I like that silver on the cookbox! Did they have other color options with the cerakote? I assume that is similar to what they use on exhaust manifolds?

I have always wondered if an engine shop could hot tank a cookbox?
I painted the box myself with XTC - Xtreme Temperature Coating Color: Charcoal Metallic (Matte Metallic)Size: Aerosol. That's perfect match to original. I left the lid end caps, as they didn't need to be painted.
BTW Cerakote comes in many, many colors so it would be easy to match to anything. Yes, Cerakote is what they use on headers.

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
It looks great. Greg, you may be the first person to restore a Genesis II grill. In my mind those grills are only a few years old. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
The grill was well-used and pretty messy when I got it. In the process of cleaning, I noticed the outside of the firebox had some paint coming off, so I thought why not just blast it and paint it. I had done some vintage gaser restoration in the past.

The charcoal color that I painted is a match to the original color.

Back