Great idea for a grill cover, but.........

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
This seems like a perfect grill cover except for one fatal flaw. I like that it is "ridgid" and is basically a tent for the grill. This keeps the material off the grill which will minimize wear and tear from the material rubbing on the grill. It will also allow air flow all around the grill. The problem I see it is that it seems to be designed to lay flat on the ground which will turn it into a moisture tent. It needs to either have clearance around the bottom or good venting in the sides of the cover.

Completely agree Bruce, bad for moisture containment.
Per your advice, I do not cover mine during the summer at all, only covering in the several months of miserable weather in winter. So far, three years in, I’m not having any issues. I made. “Gallery” for the Overperformer which provides snow and worst winter weather protection. I need to find “Omar the tent maker” to have a better cover than the blue tarp I’m using currently.
I know there are several people in the area with the ability to do what I want, I just need to make a pattern And I’m too lazy to that, this week.

Wait, can I get a recap of this sage Bruce advice, along with the reasoning?

What if it's stored in a garage, is there any harm in still covering it to keep dust and dirt off it?

John, I see no reason that a cover would be a problem if you keep it in the garage. You wont have rain and daytime/nightime heating cycles causing moisture to accumulate inside the cover. So, if you still want to use a cover, go for it. But, I think it is also overkill. I would just drape a large towel or something over it if you want to keep off the dust. Seems like a minor problem, but mine gets mega "dusty" in my garage between cooks so I understand the desire to prevent that. A large beach towel or similar would simpler than having to deal with a full cover every time though...IMO.

Looks really interesting. I could see just putting a small block of wood or brick on each side to keep it off the ground and have ventilation.

Back