Great deal on pork shoulder

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Just FYI our local Fry's (Kroger) has Pork shoulder on sale for $1.29 Lb. Picked up a nine pounder and had it sliced into 1" steaks, got seven nice steaks out of it.
If interested check your local ad.

101_6859.JPG

That's pretty good anymore. The days of 99 cents/lb. are in the past. Still, there isn't any better value out there.

That's pretty good anymore. The days of 99 cents/lb. are in the past. Still, there isn't any better value out there.
I agree the $.99 is long gone from here haven't seen that price in about two years. Last one I bought was $1.99lb.
Still it beats paying $24.99 lb. for rib eyes

I agree the $.99 is long gone from here haven't seen that price in about two years. Last one I bought was $1.99lb.
Still it beats paying $24.99 lb. for rib eyes
My local Harris Teeter has butts for $1.29 a lb every month and $.99 a lb as a 4 day sale every other month.

When doing Pork Steaks, I make a two zone fire, with a whole chimney dumped in one end (fire bricks separate the two zones). That raises the fire closer to the food grate. I season the steaks and flip them every 60 seconds by the clock. When they look done, the ARE! I love the results when flipping every sixty seconds. It DOES make a difference. The steaks are lucious and tender!

FWIW
Dale53 :wsm:

Back