Grab a cold one, a sweater and chair... we`re smoking pork shoulder tonight!

It sounds like everybody's smokes were a success.
I know mine was, I ordered a WSM (with link provided here) for my father in law immediately after our lunch on Father's Day. He liked it that much! I told him the purchase of a WSM would come with a free lesson on the minion method during his smoker's maiden voyage. He's also got his eye on my Kettle OTS, he has a cheap knockoff of a kettle that has absolutely no ability to control the airflow-the vents on that thing are useless.

Yes a Stella is... a Stella. I was turned on to this beer about a year ago and it has become my top 3. The Samuel Adams is American the last time I looked, brewed in Mass. I believe. Yes, thats BOSOX land but they still make a good beer I have to admit. Go Yanks.
icon_biggrin.gif

btw- Tiger won the open.

Great intro to this thread! Have had my WMW about a year now, don't know why it's taken this long to try pork shoulder for the first time, but I am! 17 lb. double cryo pack from local warehouse club. I'm using the Dr. Brown rub, but I don't think I will mop. I modified the rub with less pepper & salt, substituted chipolte pepper instead of cayenne, and added garlic and onion powder. Should get about 7 or hours in before I put them on around 8 or so tonight to make sure I have plenty of time tomorrow. Also will be adding Barbie's beans tomorrow as well... tried that first recently, fantastic!

Typically go for St. Pauli Girl Dark, Warsteiner Dark, or Guiness Draft. Tonight will be Sam Adams. Funny reading this thread, almost had Stella in the basket too but the fridge was too full... should've gone straight to the cooler.. DOH!

No sweater here... only sweat... already 93. That's July here in the Ohio Valley region of KY.

I`m "recovering" from another weekend of smoking which started Thursday evening and ended on Saturday morning. Smoked two pork shoulders and some ribs. Everything was a smash.

The beauty and joy of smoking is not only the fragrance that permeates the air but the process of slowly turning something ordinary into succulent and juicy love.

I was smiling watching everyone enjoy their pulled pork and ribs yesterday, from kids to adults. This is the joy of smoking.

Please pass a Stella...

Back