Gourmet BBQ system

JasonHess

I just picked up my first ever Weber grill. A Spirit E-310 with the gourmet BBQ system. It comes with the skillet attachment, but all the others are extra. I'm coming from a cheapo "Thermos" brand grill, so I've never had any fun bells and whistles. The grill was the same price with the system and without, so I figured why not get it. I'm wondering if any of you have any of the other attachments. Are they worth the extra money? Are they something you use often?
Thanks!

I just picked up my first ever Weber grill. A Spirit E-310 with the gourmet BBQ system. It comes with the skillet attachment, but all the others are extra. I'm coming from a cheapo "Thermos" brand grill, so I've never had any fun bells and whistles. The grill was the same price with the system and without, so I figured why not get it. I'm wondering if any of you have any of the other attachments. Are they worth the extra money? Are they something you use often?
Thanks!

I have the Gourmet system on both my 22" kettles and I like them. The only accessory insert I have is one of the crisscross searing grate, and I do use that for... searing. :D I don't think the crisscrossed bars are necessary, but I do like that it's cast iron and retains heat well. I'd actually prefer if the CI bars were just parallel lines and spaced a little closer together. And I think $35 for that insert is a bit steep.

The bars on the gourmet grate are also a little bit thicker than on the standard hinged grate, which is nice. The only thing I don't like about it, is when using the standard wire bar insert and cleaning it with a grill brush, the insert is easily knocked out of place if you're not careful in your brushing. The heavier cast iron piece doesn't come loose like this.

EDIT: just realized you were talking about the gourmet system for the gassers. My comments pertained to the 22" charcoal kettles, so my bad. :confused: Some of my comments won't apply, but the inserts are the same.

Last edited:
I have the Gourmet System on my Performer. I have a few of the attachments and like them. The searing grate is nice but I agree that the spacing is a little wide. I don't have the Weber wok but I did get a 16 inch hand hammered carbon steel wok. I use this wok both in the kitchen and in my Performer. I also have the vegatable grilling insert and like it. For me, the best one is the wok and it is not the weber wok.

Back