Got tongue. Do you?

Can't wait to see how you cook it.... I'm looking for a different way to do tounge. We usually boil until tender...

I'm really looking forward to see this. I've made tounge many times, but just I've smoked it once, and then I used is as cold lunch meat. The taste was awesome!

The tounge tacos are called lengua here, the head meat is commonly called barbacoa. That's how I got into it in San Antonio, I mistakenly thought it meant BBQ. Once I tried I was hooked, I should have taken the horrified look from another Cpl. From Nicaragua That it wasn't BBQ but I was hungry and it beat an MRE. Nothing beats fresh corn tortillas and those two meats with cilantro, onion and freshly made hot sauce for breakfast, nothing.

it's not only the tongue that will be cooked Saturday.... the whole head will be smoked along side the tongue.
then everything chopped up, mixed and served.

Please take many many piks and explain how you did it, I seen this on the food network, (that show where the guy travels to many countries and eats food) awhile back and I am interested in trying it!

Looking forward Jim, if anyone can knock this dish down, it be you:D We have a local authentic Mexican style resturant here and we LOVE Barbacoa, we also love the El Pastor, (may have mispelled it), it's awesome one of my favs, great flavor.

Back