Got This From Weber, RE:2010 Differences in 22.5 WSM

Hi guys, after seeing all the traffic in here about production dates and year to year model changes I asked Weber where I could find a 2010 model of the 22.5 WSM as no one in my neck of the woods seems to have one. Their answer in apert was/is "Thank you for your e-mail. There were no design changes for the 2010 model 22.5" Smokey Mountain Cooker." This doesn't seem to jive with what many are saying here, so what's the truth?

I have a 2009(DE) and 2010(AD) and they are different. I hate the new arch cutout at access door. I cannot use the second shelf with an alum tray, such as beans. I have to lift out the top grate. It sux. Try to find last years if you can. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carl
SweetBeaver BBQ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carl Anthony:
I have a 2009(DE) and 2010(AD) and they are different. I hate the new arch cutout at access door. I cannot use the second shelf with an alum tray, such as beans. I have to lift out the top grate. It sux. Try to find last years if you can. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

I have the 2010 wsm with the round top door ! I have found I can use a bread / loaf pan type baking dish and slide 2 a them thru the door not a problem there long and kina deep but stil do beans and what have you just fine .
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Carl
SweetBeaver BBQ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carl, can you add a pic of what you're referring to? The Weber site was updated for 2010 last month and doesn't show a door change from how my 2009 18.5 looks. I'm just curious, but it could help someone else. Rich

The changes seem to only be vaguely lined up with model years. Some little changes with the exact positioning of the charcoal grill and vents happened in my date-coded 2009 WSM that I bought in December as an example. I'm not sure when they fiddled with the door - mine isn't arched.

I think in general with Weber it's less that they associate changes with model years and more that as they run out of a given part they just start using the new piece unless there's some kind of major redesign and the parts no longer fit together otherwise.

Back