Got the twins smokin early

Bill Small

TVWBB Fan
Started the girls at 5:30 this morning. I have 2 briskets and 3 butts on for a small catering gig this comming weekend. Its a beutiful day in the smoke.

The girls look very happy and cozy there. I've told you earlier, I really dig the unit that the girl on the left sits in. I need to make some shelves like that for my WSM nest.

Way to go Bill!

Bill

I'm going to take the pic and the specs you posted on the table set- up to a welder and get a price. Maybe I'll post it so you'll feel good about having been able to build your own
icon_smile.gif

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul G.:
Bill

I'm going to take the pic and the specs you posted on the table set- up to a welder and get a price. Maybe I'll post it so you'll feel good about having been able to build your own
icon_smile.gif

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problemo. I have to build a second one now for the newest addtion.
icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I just smoked the best Brisket of my life. I used apple and peach wood along with the Kingsford. I put my Jack Sauce on it and let her rest. The flavor is incredible.

Nicely done. Good smoke ring. Wasn't falling apart tender (you can tell cuz it sliced nice), looks tender and moist. Nice job. If it weren't for the huge bowl of pulled pork in the fridge I'd be a little frustrated by them pics.

That brisket really looks competition quality. I didn't realize how much difference having one of those stands with side tables would make on the quality of the product - maybe that's where I've been going wrong !
icon_smile.gif

Paul

Do many other people set their smokers up on their decks like this? I did my first smoke on my deck, with a piece of slate underneath the smoker. It filled the house with smoke. (I know, I said that like it was a bad thing.)

I liked the idea of only stepping out the door to tend to them, but the "fire on the deck" concept is a tough one to get by. Is the mat particularly useful for fire control? I'm assuming not in the case of the one on the left.

I'm considering mounting mine on a cart so I can move them out of the yard when they're not being used.

Your thoughts?
Ron

Quote: "It filled the house with smoke."

Ron, you've gotta keep the door closed.
icon_wink.gif

I just finished a 25-pound butt cook a couple of days ago. My WSM is set up on our deck with a metal drip pan underneath at the moment. I'm still thinking about using something else, but this setup has served me well for over 6 years.

Love the twins!
Rita

Back