Got the stuff, now what

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

After reading all the wonderful posts on this board for the last month, I finally made the jump and purchased a Weber Smoker. It arrived yesterday, and I plan on assembling it tonight and hopefully start cooking this weekend.

The big question now is what should I attempt first? I'd like to cook something that tastes great and really demos the barbecue process, but is fairly simple and forgiving. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Al

Like you when I got my WSM I couldn't wait to try it out... My first attempt was the meat loaf recipe in the manual that came with it... I thought that would be the most "forgiving"... And it turned out great...
Next, I did a butt - it was good but wished I had more practice with temp control and the amount of smoke wood...
I really think if you want to reap the rewards of the WSM quick, do the "Best Ribs in the Universe" recipe off this site... They are AWESOME !!
My wife tells me, why do anything else and nothing could be better than them... They are also easy to prepare and monitor on the WSM... You will NOT be disappointed !!
Be sure to remove the membrane off the back of the ribs...
Good luck and enjoy !!
Gary in Searcy, AR

Gary offers some great ideas. I also think that chicken is a good one to start out with, since it's inexpensive and will taste pretty darn good! The Chicken! Chicken! page describes the basic process.

Congrats on the new smoker, and welcome to the bulletin board!

Regards,
Chris

A chicken is easy too & you dont have to worry about the temp too much either.

Good luck & enjoy!

Hey Al, let us know how it went and what you smoked...
Gary in Searcy, AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back