Got my first Weber Kettle, So I'm Here to Say Hello!

Rick Michaud

Hi, I'm Rick! I'm from Dallas, Texas. I was today years old when I got my first Weber Kettle.

I saw this old thing on FaceBook MarketPlace and thought, "Wow! I've never seen one like this before!" Snatched it up and have started cleaning it up. It's not new, but it's new to me.

It was between this and a new Ivory Master Touch 22". So, I went super retro. It's in really great condition, too, so I figure it'll be great to learn on since I don't have to worry about messing it up.

I've looked all over for different old Weber Kettle models and haven't found any that quite look like this. I'm hoping some of you good people can help me nail down the exact model and when it was made. The woman I bought it from said it was given to the women that sold it to her as a wedding present in July of 1976.

I've been interested in grilling for a long time and I've looked at this forum plenty of times over the years. But I finally have my own Weber Kettle and am happy to join the club and get to grilling, at least when I get it put back together!

461874185_1647277499173845_8354319763908793270_n.jpg
461953517_504215919164146_5530029924830611517_n.jpg

Hi Rick,welcome from PA! Cool grill looks like a Happy Cooker, very similar to Weber.
Here’s some info that Chris A. posted awhile back about them.

Last edited:
Welcome Rick, it probably says Happy Cooker on the handles or the base. They were a company that made Weber clones until Weber threatened to sue them for copyright infringement. At least I believe that's the story.

Welcome Rick, it probably says Happy Cooker on the handles or the base. They were a company that made Weber clones until Weber threatened to sue them for copyright infringement. At least I believe that's the story.
Hi Rick,welcome from PA! Cool grill looks like a Happy Cooker, very similar to Weber.
Here’s some info that Chris A. posted awhile back about them.

Okay, now I just feel foolish. I'll show myself out...

No need to feel foolish, they’re really cool grills. They’ve got some neat features and I’d imagine are pretty rare being as they were only made for a short time. Get some wheels for it and cook on that awesome grill!
IMG_9680.jpeg

It does say Happy Cooker on the post. It's faded on the handle too, and now that I've cleaned the top vent really good, it looks like it says it there too.

Looks like you have the premium model with the adjustable grill height lever. I like the interior ash catcher they use too. Be sure and show us it all cleaned up and your first cooks too!

Hi Rick, WELCOME!!!!

I'm working on my PORK/RIB binder. What do you like to grill?

I don't know what that means. I haven't grilled anything yet, I'm still cleaning up the one I bought. Plus, I'm feeling a little weird about posting here since I don't actually have a Weber, as it turns out...

Looks like you have the premium model with the adjustable grill height lever. I like the interior ash catcher they use too. Be sure and show us it all cleaned up and your first cooks too!
I would love to show progress pictures. I'm just not sure which forum to post them in. I've got most of the gunk off it.

I don't know what that means. I haven't grilled anything yet, I'm still cleaning up the one I bought. Plus, I'm feeling a little weird about posting here since I don't actually have a Weber, as it turns out...
It would be nice if it WAS a WEBER, but grilling is grilling. I was just wondering if you have done any grilling and what was it.

It would be nice if it WAS a WEBER, but grilling is grilling. I was just wondering if you have done any grilling and what was it.
Sorry! I guess my smiley face emoji didn't show up. :D

I'm a novice griller. I've recently burned some chicken on a Wal-Mart grill. It was both crispy and chewy at the same time, but at least it tasted horrible.

And I managed to catch a park grill stand completely on fire in June of this year. There wasn't even anything cooking, it was just charcoal. The fire dept. sorted that out

Oh! I once cooked a pork chop until it was resurrected as a hockey puck. Otherwise I'm a wizard in the kitchen. An evil wizard that starts lots of fires, my nick-name in the kitchen is "Stay Out!" I'm rather endeared to it.

😇

Back