Got me one too! (Performer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Black

TVWBB Fan
It's a DR (2006). Came with genuine Weber cover. Guy said he burned everything up so he went gas. Two lid rollers were slightly melted nearest the grill so I could see why he was burnin' everything up. I called Weber and they are sending me two rollers FREE!
WeberGrill_0028a.jpg
WeberGrill_0028b.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Michael:
Congrats that is a beauty! So...how much did you get it for??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
$100 w/cover. The only scratches, dings or dents are two dings in the porcelain on the lid which I'm discussing how to fix in another thread (Porcelain Repair) and it needs two plastic (Thermoplastic/Thermoset) lid rollers. Other than that, it's in immaculate condition. Maybe used a dozen times I think he said. The bottom wire shelf looks bent but that's just the shadow.

I don't think I was this giddy when I got my first car 40 plus years ago!

Great deal you got. For the nicks I wouldnt be to worried. The Pic in My avatar is one I restored a few months back. Their were a couple nicks and I used Duplicolor 1200 degree paint to touch up. It will prevent any rust and makes the nicks less noticeable. I replaced the lid rollers as well...and pretty much everything on mine as well. It was like restoring an old car..but worth it.

Good score Gary! What did the guy use for fuel that he melted the lid rollers NAPHALM. I have gotten the thermometer past 550 and didn't melt anything.
You will lve the Perf. The convience of the gas assist,the table and the charcoal storage really amke a difference. As an added bous,the height of the thing makes ot soooo much nicer to cook especially for those of us who are lumbar-challenged.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Barnes:
What did the guy use for fuel that he melted the lid rollers NAPHALM..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He didn't say what fuel he used. What amazed me was I remover the slightly melted lid rollers and made a wood chisel and scrapped the burned plastic off the lid without any trouble and there is absolutely no evidence of any heat damage to the porcelain finish or any other part of the grill.

I have a degree in Industrial Engineering and have worked as a tool maker and in quality control in the manufacturing field and there is almost NOTHING I would or could change to make this a better product!

Congrats on a great grill at a great price
icon_smile.gif

I love how Weber are replacing your parts free even though the grill is 4 years old.

elmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back