Got a Ranch Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine for about that price.. but mine is not in as good as shape as yours.. you got a great deal.

One thing I wish it had is handles for the grill.

I may also add vents higher on the sides (like WSMs) to aid with draft flow... The bottom vents can get cloggged up with ash at times.

Awesome find Lawrence! Hope you stock up on charcoal too as this beast looks like it would easily devour an entire bag without even flinching
icon_smile.gif

Lawerence I was watching a Bobby Flay tThrow down show the other day form West Palm Beach FL. anyway during the during the show they had like 4 or 5 of these big ranches running and a couple 22 golds, or 26 ers in the back ground also. They were making Kingsford very happy that week. That thing must use a lot of coal at one time.

I'm not going to lie when I say I am ridiculously jealous. I have a large grill called a hotspace 800 I got for like $100 for grillings that I have at my place monthly, but after grilling on a ranch and losing most of my arm hairs I'm kind of in love.

Grillers Anonymous
http://www.facebook.com/GrillersAnonymous
Grill.Eat.Drink.Repeat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnnyS:
Awesome find Lawrence! Hope you stock up on charcoal too as this beast looks like it would easily devour an entire bag without even flinching
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, they are very fuel friendly considering their size. I have two that I refer to as the "Twins" and I can cook for 60+ people on one 16.9 lbs bag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Reyes:
I may also add vents higher on the sides (like WSMs) to aid with draft flow... The bottom vents can get cloggged up with ash at times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
One solution for this problem on the mini-WSM (smokey joe with bottom vents) is to cut a can to fit over the bottom vent below the charcoal grate. Make holes on the side of the can near the top to allow air flow as the bottom fills with ash. I wonder if a similar solution could be made for the Ranch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back