Got a Q 320 for free today

That is a great find. How are the grates? Like many, the gray shroud is missing. Is the grill light broken off?
Otherwise, that is a real nice score.

Troy, Great find! If the light is broken you can just take the whole bracket off if you don’t need the light. They are not that great a light anyway. Show more pics as you get it cleaned up. 👍

Nice find! I bought one for $50 a few weeks back. Love the grill. Perfect size and a grilling machine. I’ll probably upgrade to the stainless steel grates one day.
I got lucky with my lid light. It never had the batteries installed so mine actually works well despite being old.

I also going to be painting the lid red.

Kyle, I have gotten three or four of those lights on Q grills and every one worked or just took a little cleaning and monkeying around to get them back in action. Not the brightest, but very adequate and I like the tilt on/off function on them a lot.

Kyle, I have gotten three or four of those lights on Q grills and every one worked or just took a little cleaning and monkeying around to get them back in action. Not the brightest, but very adequate and I like the tilt on/off function on them a lot.

Bruce, I had issues with the tilt on function hence my previous post. Do you know of a way to fix that? I did not try taking it apart. Thanks.

Richard, I would try taking it apart and checking out the insides. It is just 4 screws. If nothing else, you might want to clean up the battery contacts a bit. When I had my last one opened, I didn't look too close, but I didn't what kind of tilt mechanism they were using. It could be some kind of electronic system, but I didn't see any rolling ball or mercury tilt switch in there.

Richard, I would try taking it apart and checking out the insides. It is just 4 screws. If nothing else, you might want to clean up the battery contacts a bit. When I had my last one opened, I didn't look too close, but I didn't what kind of tilt mechanism they were using. It could be some kind of electronic system, but I didn't see any rolling ball or mercury tilt switch in there.

Thanks Bruce. Now I just have to find where I put it. 🤔

OK, I just checked and I guess I have one Q300 and one Q320 with the red electronic igniter button missing. That will get replaced with a piezo anyway.

Ordered new grates and a handle light today. Previous owner had put in new burners. The gray vinyl tank wrap I have from another cart.
Then just a good pressure wash and shine. Will paint the lid black at some point to match my Q 2200 (see attachment). Will post pics. when my parts come in.
1589770088813.png

I can't say I have really ever thought about painting the lid of a Q grill black. That really looks sharp.
What kind of paint did you use?

OK, I just checked and I guess I have one Q300 and one Q320 with the red electronic igniter button missing. That will get replaced with a piezo anyway.
What piezo ignitor would for the q320?
On mine it sounds like the red electric button works, but the connection where the wire plugs into the back of the button is broken. I'm ok with splicing electrical wires, I guess I could try to find a new end connector and use the heat shrink wrap on it?

Oh, when ever I get a Q grill that needs the igniter replaced, I always use a Piezo in place of the electronic one. I probably have a wire if you need one.

t0sG1c6.jpg

Back