Google Home Display or Google Assistant Integration

MichaelJF

TVWBB Member
Apologies if this has been covered. I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. I have a Google Home display in my kitchen and every time I'm doing a cook I think it would be great if I could see the Heatermeter status on the display. I have no idea how difficult it would be but is there any chance an integration with Google Assistant is on the road map?

Thanks.

Michael

It would be great but only Cloud-based systems can be used by Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Because HeaterMeter runs on your network and not on the Internet, Google and Amazon can't get to it to make requests and therefore integration is impossible. The exception to this is the Phillips Hue integration that can turn lights on and off and set the intensity, which can run on an exclusively local network, but there's no way to export the temperature information through that or have much useful control over the setpoint.

It is on the TODO list as part of a larger Internet-based site where your local HeaterMeter would stream the data live to a web server and accept commands back down the pipe, but that's not even been started apart from buying a domain name for it.

I don’t know enough about the language. But if you use home assistant you can integrate into google assistant and add this to it. Unfortunately the set point doesn’t seem to work. But the probes and monitoring does.

wish I knew the language to fix it. I tried but failed. Lol.

I don’t know enough about the language. But if you use home assistant you can integrate into google assistant and add this to it. Unfortunately the set point doesn’t seem to work. But the probes and monitoring does.

wish I knew the language to fix it. I tried but failed. Lol.

This is a sensor ( read only ) entity for Home Assistant, so it's only reading the status.

You could probably get HA to set the HM by using an Input Number and RESTful Switch calling /luci/lm/api/set

Back