Good Turkey Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anyone know of any good deals being offered by stores in the Southeast, NC to be specific? I'd like to stock up on about 10 birds, but most everything I'm seing has a one or two bird limit. Thanks.

Wait until after Thanksgiving and the bird limits will drop... So will the prices. At least thats what happens around my area.

Around here, most stores just require you to get those two, take them to the car, come back and get two more, etc.

Otherwise, take a few friends and line up.

Or, tell the manager you need 10 birds (or how many you want) and ask him if he is going to make you make a bunch of trips, bring your whole family, or let you buy them at once. I've seen them make it easy before.

Usually all it takes is a call to the meat department and maybe a 1 day wait to get around limits like this.

My wife is in charge of buying turkeys to distribute to employees at her place of business (300+), and last year ended up getting them at Safeway.

Meat manager said the limit is to ensure turkeys are available for all customers, but its not like they couldn't get any amount they wanted in a day or 2.

k

Just wanted to post an update. I was able to get a price of .48cent/lb. for frozen Butterball's at Ingle's, and bought 12 birds. They had a 2 bird limit, but the butcher allowed me all I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back