Good show, nice web-site

I've caught the end of a show, but have yet to see a whole show.
I'm having trouble nailing down the air times in the Detroit area.

I belive SR uses charcoal only in this show. is this correct?

I've watched his shows in the past. He's good on technique, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking he come across as very arrogant. I don't know if the dark glasses help.

We have a great public television lineup here in the bay area, Ca.

I caught an episode this weekend called fish without fear. It was all about cooking fish on the grill. The recipes look good on the website but he doesn't go into much detail on the actual show. He just adds ingredients without telling you the amounts. I didn't think he came across as arrogant but his diction is really weird. He pauses at the oddest times in his speech. He does use a lot of different grills while cooking and yeah there is something to be said for seeing a WSM, a Ranch kettle, and an offset smoker going in the background.
Lance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom P:
I've caught the end of a show, but have yet to see a whole show.
I'm having trouble nailing down the air times in the Detroit area.

I belive SR uses charcoal only in this show. is this correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can always DVR or TIVO it if you have the ability-that way you do not need to know when it is aired-Very convenient when the air time is not consistant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">didn't think he came across as arrogant but his diction is really weird. He pauses at the oddest times in his speech. He does use a lot of different grills while cooking and yeah there is something to be said for seeing a WSM, a Ranch kettle, and an offset smoker going in the background </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah I also don't think he comes off as arrogant, just not TV personality ready. But yes, I've already seen him use more than one gasser, a slanted santa maria type grill, weber qs, a coal hibachi. I mean he's used everything. Waiting for the WSM and Rancher to be used.

Steve Raichlen is my Hero. I learned a lot from him, both with his "How to Grill" book, as well as his "BBQ University' DVD. I meet the guy, back in 2005, at a BBQ Galore grand opening cooking demo in Temecula, CA. He was a very, very nice guy to meet, very friendly, easy to talk to, a down to earth kind of a person. I asked him what kind of wood should I use for Tri-tip, he gave a me the advice of using Oak wood, and was happily to talk about grilling, smoking with wood, what works and what doesn't work, etc, etc, etc. I was able to take over 100 pics during the cooking demo, and he didn't mind at all. If I get a chance, I'll upload some pics to share.

He got me paying attention to what I was doing, but I just can't do some of the stuff he does. It's too foo-foo for me.

Heck, my wife will even watch his show and she thinks I'm a total dork for being a member on this site...
icon_wink.gif

I also watched Robert Rainford's "License to Grill", but that's gone now that the channel it aired on has gone "Green".
icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah what the hell. I liked to watch license to grill, even though I think he used way too many ingredients (i like simple ingredient lists personally) sometimes. his show and chef at home (even though there was nothing new) and kylie kwong provided a nice alternative to Food Network (what has become of that station?). Now it's Green and they've lost a lot of viewers. Talk about following a fad, I bet it doesn't last.

Shows like primal grill and PBS which I just recently discovered have helped.

i bougth one of the ranch kettle from one of the producers of raichlens show... the grill came with a hole cut out... where they put the camera in... i just stuffed it wtih some foil... mmm i love my ranch kettle

Remove that foil and stick a camera back in there. We will be looking forward to watching your cooking videos.
icon_wink.gif

Not only do I love seeing the Rancher billowing smoke in the background but I love the close up of the cows grazing around it. Do you think they know their cousin is inside?

Back