Good night little piggies...

your own homespun rub? looks really good.

Yes, I make my own rub. Inspiration from the recipe below:

I use 1/2 cup brown sugar and no white sugar and double the cayenne.

Chris Lilly’s Six-Time World Championship Pork Shoulder Rub
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup paprika
  • 1/3 cup garlic salt
  • 1/3 cup kosher salt
  • 1 Tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

recipe came from here:

My current favorite is Stubb's hickory bourbon right out of the jar.

I've not gotten into vinegar based BBQ sauces, but I'm open to trying them.
i'd love a good vinegar sauce recipe if anyone has one to share, that they've tested and liked.

a sweet, heat with vinegar flavor is the profile i'm seeking.

i don't really enjoy overly sweet food. example, i take SBRs and add granulated garlic, cayenne pepper, a few dashes of Tabasco and apple cider vinegar to it to make my wings sauce. seeking a thinner, vinegar sauce for pulled pork and shredded chicken.

i'd love a good vinegar sauce recipe if anyone has one to share, that they've tested and liked.

i don't really enjoy overly sweet food. example, i take SBRs and add granulated garlic, cayenne pepper, a few dashes of Tabasco and apple cider vinegar to it to make my wings sauce. seeking a thinner, vinegar sauce for pulled pork and shredded chicken.

This is my favorite - always have some around. I typically add a little more SBR than recommended (or maybe some brown sugar or molasses), along with some bourbon.

This is Sam Jones Eastern NC BBQ SAUCE.
Everyone who likes sweet and heat loves it.AE1C79EF-85A8-4485-B673-04A0640AD4E2.jpegAF9BDFC3-A67F-4EB8-AC3A-EE57A8490723.jpeg

This is my favorite - always have some around. I typically add a little more SBR than recommended (or maybe some brown sugar or molasses), along with some bourbon.

i will make this. TYVM!

i'm a fan of Salt Lick's bbq sauce (from TX) as well. if you like twang, check it out if you haven't had some already.

sorry for the threadjack @DanHoo.

not a problem

Pulled pork wasn't even on the menu for tonight. I bought theseon sale and it was either cook them and freeze them or freeze them whole. It's a lot easier to find freezer space for cooked vacuum packed meat than two 9 lb butts.

edit: and I think I have a bottle of SBR also so I might have to try Fat Johnny's recipe.

Made a half batch tonight for dinner. Going to put it on some chicken thighs. Tasted real good out of the pot!

Back