Good gasser or no

I'd just look out for one like the one you saw already, except already ready for propane. Are you looking for a ready to go grill or a project? Half the people on here I think are into the restoration process as much as the cooking process lol
+1

Not restoration of a gasser just one ready to go. I’m in the PK restoration group same as Jon has done with some of his collection.

Not restoration of a gasser just one ready to go. I’m in the PK restoration group same as Jon has done with some of his collection.
That is a totally reasonable objective. I agree with THyde in that you are looking for something similar to what you saw there but one that is already LP. I would wait and maybe expand your search area and try to find something closer to the mark before paying $200 - for a decent grill for sure - but having to spend more time and money to convert it to LP. They are out there if you are patient. @Bruce always says, "There will be another one."

I looked on FBM and CL and there is not a lot avail near you.

What is freight shipping from CA for a grill?

If the grill above is in fantastic shape and you can get it at an acceptable price for you, here is your shopping list to convert it to propane:

- Manifold or change the valves from an LP manifold. I expect you can find an LP manifold fairly easily.
- vertical mount for tank hanger . Pic below: I think this can be from a 2001, or 2000 Silver or any of the 99 or earlier Genesis x000

- Tank Hanger / scale - Amazon $30
- Hose and Regulator - Amazon $16

20220106_211844.jpg

Back