Good burner for one pan, or electric FLAT skillet?

Mike IA

Hey folks..

Been a while, but last summer I realized I was burning allot of propane in my summit weber grill cooking solo. I'm inside now, frying steaks in a cast iron skillet on a electric stove.. But I want to move outside when it warms up and would like to buy either a one/two burner propane setup, or maybe a electric skillet? But seems like all the electric skillet's Ive seen have raised bars to imitate the "grilled" look.. I don't want that, and need a small flat frying surface the size of a T-bone.

Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe george foreman, but it's not flat like a pan..

This jarred my memory and remember now I have a Colman two burner camp stove in the attic.. Wonder if I can get a adapter to run my weber grill tank..

Thanks!

Hey folks..

Been a while, but last summer I realized I was burning allot of propane in my summit weber grill cooking solo. I'm inside now, frying steaks in a cast iron skillet on a electric stove.. But I want to move outside when it warms up and would like to buy either a one/two burner propane setup, or maybe a electric skillet? But seems like all the electric skillet's Ive seen have raised bars to imitate the "grilled" look.. I don't want that, and need a small flat frying surface the size of a T-bone.

Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe george foreman, but it's not flat like a pan..

This jarred my memory and remember now I have a Colman two burner camp stove in the attic.. Wonder if I can get a adapter to run my weber grill tank..

Thanks!
Electric induction single burner cooktop and any CI with grates in it. You’ll achieve perfection every time and for low cost.

Check out the burner in this thread. There’s some links in the thread

I would go with a propane burner, especially since you don't have one inside. That way you have options. Check youtube, all the chefs cook on gas burners with very few exceptions. ;-)

A Chud Press would be your ultimate George Foreman.

Back