Good BBQ in Dallas?

Grim

TVWBB Member
I'm going to be going to Dallas in the near future and would like to sample some bbq down there. Can anyone make some suggestions for good restaurants to try?

Thanks!

G.

My personal favorite is Baker's Ribs. They are more limited on sides than other places around town, but have the best meat I've found locally. Much better than Sonny Bryan's, IMO. I've also heard good things about Angelo's & Railhead in Ft. Worth, but haven't made it over to them myself.

Unfortunately, nothing around Dallas will compare to some of the more famous places down in the Texas Hill Country (around Austin), like Black's & Kruez in Lockhart, or Cooper's in Llano.

Greg

I have not tried Baker's yet...but will. There are too many "chain" BBQ places here. I personnally like Hutchings BBQ in McKinney. After spending time in west texas (abilene) I got spoiled.(not many places in the immediate dallas area compare)

I'll second Baker's Ribs. I used to to eat at the Greenville Ave location about once a week when I lived nearby. Hope you get a chance to check them out. Sonny Bryan's is way overrated, but it's typically the place that gets all of the press in Dallas. Steer clear of the chains like Spring Creek, Colter's, Dickie's and Red Hot & Blue. Bone Daddy's would be my second pick in Dallas, but they can sometimes have an off night on the pit.. If you're close to Ft. Worth then give Risky's a try. I haven't been there in years but the one in downtown used to be great for a chopped beef sammie.

~Dave

Back