Gonna pick this up Wed

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
So some may recall I have some pretty severe rust going on with my Genesis and have since disassembled it in prep to bring the frame up to Packer land to have Bruce put it on the mend. But, I stumbled on to this today https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...2300304193618968576","ftmd_400706":"111112l"} and will be picking it up Wed. Since I am not in the restoration business I am only buying it for the frame. I am going to have a lot of spare items. I will post further once I have it on condition and such. But, if anyone needs or wants anything once I have done this let me know. I doubt shipping would be economically feasible but, anyone in the NW burbs or such who wants to take a ride to the Rockford metro would be welcome. So I will not be buying a new gasser at this point. I'll shoot that frame full of Rust Encapsulator and just use it til there is no more using the Genesis

That is sweet Larry a great sized grill with extra work space for 50 you did good can not wait to see the finished product.

Larry, that one looks to be solid.

Can you post a Pic of your Genesis? I cant remember which one you have?

Larry, that one looks to be solid.

Can you post a Pic of your Genesis? I cant remember which one you have?
I have the same exact one only with a chocolate lid and a side burner. Otherwise identical. So all I am going to use from it will likely be the grates (for the Silver B I am building up for son in law), I will likely keep the burner set (if they're good), and maybe the grease tray. No need for the lid or the fire box, and likely the shelves. So a lot of that will likely go to whoever on the forums can make use for their refurbs. If I wasn't busy tomorrow I would go grab it tomorrow. I will get further photos up once it's in my mitts

Larry, I would just consider moving parts from your grill onto that one....probably even the cook box. Well, I guess if you are going to repaint the frame and encasulate it, it doesn't really matter as you will have to fully disassemble it.

Does this mean no visit to Packerland? I have a NG Weber Flame I would give you a good deal on!!!

Larry, I would just consider moving parts from your grill onto that one....probably even the cook box. Well, I guess if you are going to repaint the frame and encasulate it, it doesn't really matter as you will have to fully disassemble it.

Does this mean no visit to Packerland? I have a NG Weber Flame I would give you a good deal on!!!
Darn I want one of those so badly. Wife too. That is the plan though simply using the good frame with my current grill. Calling it a day. I will PM you once I get some things sorted out. But if that frame is as good as it looks in the photos, it's gonna be a no brainer.

Well, I got screwed on the pickup :( I was tied up today and could not go get it and instead she up and sold it out from under me UGH! Bruce looks like I will likely be making that trip to Packer Land

I should have simply gone out there yesterday and been done with it even though it would have been late for me and my body felt like it had been run down by a road grader (long story) me being a total clutz.

Back