Going Over to the Dark Side!

Hey, whatever works for you.

I just sold my gasser, as I was never using it. I think getting a really good starting system is part of dealign with the additional fuss around charcoal. I use a propane torch. also the veggie soaked paper towel method works well.

Food takes time to prepare, so I don't see trouble with starting the coals and then going off to put the food together.

If I am coming home tired after work, and don't have time to cook, then baby, it's chinese delivery time.

I have two Weber Gassers that I bought from CL. A Genesis 1000 and a Genesis Silver A. I have probably used them more than my charcoal grills this past year due to not having much time to cook. I probably should get rid of one of them but cannot decide which one. I like each for different reasons. I think a gasser has its place but I prefer charcoal.

Wayne

Love my Genesis Silver B.

It makes a great holding chamber for finishing foods or cooking stuff that charcoal doesn't help.

I also use it for steaks, when I do them the Alton Brown Chimney method. Sear them up good and then finish in the Genesis low and slow.

18.5 WSM || 22in Kettle || Genesis Silver B

I have:

A Weber Smokey Joe
18" OTG for steaks, burgers
22.5" WSM for smoking
Members Mark (Sams Club) Gas Grill

I have fired up the gasser once this summer to cook some baked beans when I didn't want to heat up the oven in doors. Otherwise, I have grilled/smoked everything this summer.

I am a school teacher, so perhaps I will use the gas this fall when I don't have time to get the charcoal going.

JJ

I love my Silver B, hot dogs or burgers for the kids why not go for the easy fix. I also love it for corn, potatoes and other veg on the grill.

Gasser definitely have their uses.

100_2403.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Sample:
Gasser definitely have their uses.

100_2403.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, you are evil, but I agree with the pic. I found that's all I was using my gasser for, so it was "donated" to my garbage guy for his cousin (who was very happy to get it, BTW). I have a performer which functions as a grill AND as a chimney lighter for all the other grills/smoker. But, remember, I'm in CA. For our vacation home in CO we use gas exclusively (just easier at altitude and with weather issues). That just says to me "to each his own". Do what works!

Last winter I used my Genesis all the time for quick dinners after work but then earlier in the year everything changed. I picked up a performer on craigslist and now I can have charcoal ready just about as fast as the gasser. Now like everybody else it's a storage rack.

I like the freedom of choice here, my wife uses the char-briol duo gasser when she wants to do burgers and steaks. I like the New Braunfels grill for charcoal and I do have aheavyly modified ECB electric for the lazy days and the WSM 22.5 for the motivated days.

Billy

addicted to smoking.

Back