Going bigger???

True there are many bigger options, but are they better? You can cook a lot of meat on that smoker. Not sure about the pellet device, but the thing looks great.

Based on that setup, and the amount of food he was probably managing at once, I can't say I blame him. Though that's an awesome setup, from a food management perspective that's a nightmare compared to a large custom offset.

Offset would likely have one door for food management, one for fuel. And tons more smoking options, depending on size of cooker. He probably has a grand ($1k) or more tied up in that WSM setup, and can get a good, decent-sized custom offset for around double that.

I could see him building one out of a large propane tank or having one custom built, would love to able just to buy the rotisserie and rib-o-lator

I have the same setup as the one listed for sale and $600 is a screaming good deal!

Food management issues are something I've never had with it. If I want or need more space or going bigger, the Cajun Bandit Stacker comes into play. That might be a problem for some, but I'm 6' 2" tall and it works for me.

To be honest, I never thought I would use it as much as I do, the only thing I really have not been able to do (and only because I haven't devoted any time to it) is to use Grill Grates as a sear station like a lot of pellet grillers do. But I take it for what it is and I'm extremely happy with it.
On the subject of going bigger, I ordered an extra set of mounting brackets for the pellet hopper in case I wanted to convert my 85 gallon Drum Smoker with two 26" grates into a pellet pooper-they have been collecting dust for a year and a half!

I actually talked with the seller. He's going bigger with a Humphreys Pint smoker. Looks nice but it ain't no Weber.

Drink a little drink, Smoke a little smoke :wsm:

I actually talked with the seller. He's going bigger with a Humphreys Pint smoker. Looks nice but it ain't no Weber.

Drink a little drink, Smoke a little smoke :wsm:

Been there myself, thought the Backwoods Gater would be what I needed, found out it was a different beast!

Maybe he wants one of the big bucks trailer mounted rigs? I think that you can throw LOTS of money at
BBQ smokers if you like to. Ill just keep my Weber stuff.

Back