Giant Snickerdoodle

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
1606342471763.png

I just saw this in my new edition of Food Network mag. One of my favorite cookies, couldn't wait to share it with you all.

Giant Snickerdoodle

1 cup plus 2 TB. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
7 TB. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup plus 2 TB granulated sugar
2 TB. packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Whisk the flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, the cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
2. Beat the butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the brown sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
3. Combine the remaining 2 TB. granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl. Pat the dough together into a ball. Roll in the cinnamon sugar until well coated, sprinkling the cinnamon sugar on the dough as you go. Put the dough in the center of an unlined baking sheet. Press into an 8" round, about 1/2" thick. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon sugar over the dough.
4. Bake until the cookie is cracked in the center and light golden brown around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and let the cookie cool completely on the pan. Cut into wedges.

The recipe says it serves 8 to 10, I don't see that happening. lol

Source: Food Network mag. Dec. 2020

Attachments

• 1606340867943.png
    1606340867943.png
    403.7 KB · Views: 0
Joan – you really made my wife’s day! She’s been in bed sick the last two days and only eaten a few scrambled eggs. I saw this recipe and was shocked that we had all the ingredients including Cream of Tartar which I’d never heard of. It was actually very easy to make and as I was taking it out of the oven out came my wife and asked what I was cooking. Before I could say left over smoked sausage and fried potatoes, she saw the cookie and told me to get her a glass of milk. I won’t tell you how much she ate but I can tell you that it would never serve 8 to 10 hungry sick people. She didn't even share any with the dogs which is really unusual for her. On her way back to bed she gave me that “don’t touch this cookie look” but I couldn’t resist and seriously this is outstanding!

snickerdoodle.jpg

Jerry, you made my day, er, week, oh what the heck, you made my year. Please tell your wife that I am sorry she is sick and wish her a very quick recovery. And that I am so happy she liked the cookie, and you also. I told DH I would like it for Christmas, but your post has me wanting it NOW!!!!! lol

View attachment 18495

I just saw this in my new edition of Food Network mag. One of my favorite cookies, couldn't wait to share it with you all.

Giant Snickerdoodle

1 cup plus 2 TB. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
7 TB. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup plus 2 TB granulated sugar
2 TB. packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Whisk the flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, the cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
2. Beat the butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the brown sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
3. Combine the remaining 2 TB. granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl. Pat the dough together into a ball. Roll in the cinnamon sugar until well coated, sprinkling the cinnamon sugar on the dough as you go. Put the dough in the center of an unlined baking sheet. Press into an 8" round, about 1/2" thick. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon sugar over the dough.
4. Bake until the cookie is cracked in the center and light golden brown around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and let the cookie cool completely on the pan. Cut into wedges.

The recipe says it serves 8 to 10, I don't see that happening. lol

Source: Food Network mag. Dec. 2020
Jerry, DH made this for me today, an early Christmas present. lol It was nice and soft. We just had it after dinner with a nice hot cup of coffee. It does get cold once in awhile here in Florida and it just hit the spot. I had to force myself to stop eating it. Hope you and your wife have a happy holiday and thanks again for trying the cookie.

Jerry, did you make this for your wife this year?

Ever since I posted this last year, I have been trying to find the original recipe. I am happy to report that I finally found it.

DH wants to make Christmas cookies today, so I got out the Christmas Cookie binder and all the other books with Christmas cookies in them. And there, big as life, the original Snickerdoodle recipe. Now, to get DH to add this to his list of cookies he wants to make this year.

Last edited:

Back