Ghot sauce

While I'm not a chili head,I like a touch of hot sauce on certain things. Nothing extreme,just Frank's or Tabasco. But Pammi and I were at Concord Mills yesterday and saw a new store called The Pepper Palace. Holy wow,I've never seen that much hot sauce in one place! Not just hot sauces,they also have spices,salsas,marinades and some grilling utensils. Once you walk in,there was a sample of something called Flashbang,a combo of Carolina Reaper,ghost pepper,habanero and jalapeño. You have to sign a waiver just to sample it! No @&$#%¥+€ ! way am I even gonna try it!
Good luck with the wing cook!

While I'm not a chili head,I like a touch of hot sauce on certain things. Nothing extreme,just Frank's or Tabasco. But Pammi and I were at Concord Mills yesterday and saw a new store called The Pepper Palace. Holy wow,I've never seen that much hot sauce in one place! Not just hot sauces,they also have spices,salsas,marinades and some grilling utensils. Once you walk in,there was a sample of something called Flashbang,a combo of Carolina Reaper,ghost pepper,habanero and jalapeño. You have to sign a waiver just to sample it! No @&$#%¥+€ ! way am I even gonna try it!
Good luck with the wing cook!

My Nephew works for Pepper Palace in Gatlinburg,NC. They make their own sauces and condiments,he sets up new stores.

I've been really liking the Try Me - Tiger Sauce, it is sweet and very mild and has sort of a Asian flavor. U can't really over do it with this sauce. So good, but sometimes I will add a few drops of something hotter to really bring it.

And when I want a bit more heat I love High River Sauces - Rogue Moruga Blood Orange Scorpion Pepper Sauce, it starts off slightly sweet then brings the pain! It's twice as hot as Sriracha and so so good. But tread lightly as this is still scorpion pepper so it packs some burn.

My other long time favorite is Gator Hammock - Gator Sauce, it's not sweet, but it just has this awesome flavor with the right amount of heat, and some coarseness left in the seasonings. Just a great sauce.

These all will get my nod over Sriracha all day long! but Sriracha and Sambel Oelek are great hot sauces as well.

Still looking for good hot sauces and that perfect out the bottle wing sauce, until then I keep using Moore's Wing Sauce

I'm always looking for any other great hot sauces that anyone can recommend. Cool thread, looking forward to your wing / sauce report!

I have been putting scorned woman hot sauce on everything ,it's made with tabasco pepper's,but it does not taste like tobasco sauce.It is a thicker sauce with habanero and look's like ground pepper in it.I would not call it extra hot but it has a kick to it .It would be good in a bloody mary.

Last edited:
Angry Cock by Ca Johns is very hot,it is the hottest natural ghost pepper sauce I have tried.Ca Johns web site says it is made from 75% pepper mash,I was only able to eat 2 wings with this stuff on it.Every thing I have tried from them has been very good.

I like trying new hot sauces. I must have 30 open bottles in the spice cabinet. I have had the Scorned woman sauce, that is excellent. I'd try that angry cock sauce one time , but I bet it's too hot for me.
Maybe Ill get some salvation sauce for my minister. :cool:

I have a slight passion for hot sauces as well, one of the best Jamaican sauces I've ever tried is Jamaican's choice, it's a thick orange sauce made from Scotch Bonnet's . I have several different ones that are sitting on a shelf like Tabasco's Reserve, Angry Bastards Double Habanero, Dave's habanero mango and a bottle of Dave's Scorpion sauce a bottle of Kings habanero the kids picked up at the pepper palace at Myrtle Beach, a bottle of Tropical Ghost pepper sauce, the one with the skeleton of the Toucan on the label and a few others which I can't think of. I also have Franks and Tabasco in the fridge plus the stuff I make from smoked habaneros and Jalapenos. I still haven't got the nerve to try any thing with Carolina reaper in it, I have one of the peppers but after watching one of my coworkers that seems to be able to eat any thing spicy take 3 bites and said it was just about to hot for him, at my age I'd like to be able continuing to taste what I eat.

Back