Getting a house built and adding a natural gas line for grill

BobbyG

TVWBB Super Fan
My dilemma is this, Since its a new house I want to get a nice shiny new grill, I have it narrowed down to Napoleon Prestige 500 NG, or the Weber SE 330 Open cart NG, another less sexy option (but more financially smart) is to convert my Silver B W premium Upgrades to NG, id just get a NG manifold for it, Dilemmas dilemmas lol

The last option is your best option LOL. BTW make sure you run a large enough line so it can feed multiple appliances out there. That's how I did it. Ran 3/4" line so both my Genesis and my Wolf can run at the same time without starving each other

The last option is your best option LOL. BTW make sure you run a large enough line so it can feed multiple appliances out there. That's how I did it. Ran 3/4" line so both my Genesis and my Wolf can run at the same time without starving each other.
I didnt think of that, But thats a good plan! I figured the last option would be the best lol

Agree with Larry. I have a gas line on my patio and it feeds my NG E320 it was installed on all the homes here that had gas fireplaces installed when the houses were built. It's taped into the fireplace line. I can run both with no problems, really doubt that I could add a third appliance so getting a sufficient source if your just building the home would be a great idea.
Love the idea of not messing with propane bottles although I do have three other gassers that do use propane. Most of the time now they are just yard ornaments.

Agree with Larry. I have a gas line on my patio and it feeds my NG E320 it was installed on all the homes here that had gas fireplaces installed when the houses were built. It's taped into the fireplace line. I can run both with no problems, really doubt that I could add a third appliance so getting a sufficient source if your just building the home would be a great idea.
Love the idea of not messing with propane bottles although I do have three other gassers that do use propane. Most of the time now they are just yard ornaments.
Yeah I always run out at the worst time lol

I am hooking up to NG this fall or next spring, but I don't think I will go with hookups for my grills. First, I don't cook on the front deck. I keep my Genesis in the garage and cook in the drive way. Portability is premium for me. On my back deck with the Q200 will probably have to be torn down and replaced in a few years anyway so then I would have to deal with the NG line. I get a good long run on a 20lb bottle of LP any way on the Q200. And I have several full LP tanks at any given time, so a 3 minute swap is all it takes.

Back