get yers now

Status
Not open for further replies.
the chefs on Food Network say that looking at the food is the first part of wanting to eat it.
icon_rolleyes.gif
maybe that is why I like the deep dark grill marks. the other VERY nice thing are the parts coming. the grill plate that is solid is good for grilling some veggies without fear of them ending up on the coals.

since I just bought an WSM I think I need to hold off for a while....hmm , but honey I saved $150 on the smoker so that savings will totally cover the cost of the new grill....
icon_biggrin.gif

Bill: I will season it before use, although I believe it is pre-seasoned, I remember reading it on their site or mentioned on the carton it came in.

Kevin: Thanks! I'm actually not 100% done with the table yet although I've been using the kettle on it this week. I still need to construct a simple wooden lid support at the end of the table and build a corner shelf at the opposite corner.

Originally posted by George L:
Bill: I will season it before use, although I believe it is pre-seasoned, I remember reading it on their site or mentioned on the carton it came in.

Kevin: Thanks! I'm actually not 100% done with the table yet although I've been using the kettle on it this week. I still need to construct a simple wooden lid support at the end of the table and build a corner shelf at the opposite corner.

have you taken pictures of the table? I like that Idea, I am not sure I will do that but I would love to see some pictures of the overall idea.

I used my new ci grates last night to cook burgers and they worked great. The grill marks looked perfect. Will use them tonight to cook a big new york strip!

I used my CI grate last night too, but for bbq'ing beef spareribs, so no grill marks. I'll sear some meat on it this week.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm getting jealous. I have to wait for the 18.5" version to come out. Don't think I can sneak a 22.5" kettle past the wife since I already have a few grills.

Man that table is super nice. I can't wait until I own a home and can start settling down a bit. I know if I built something like that I'd probably have to leave or ditch it wherever I'm at. Oh I've been using the poo out of my new grate and love it!

And to whoever asked if it comes seasoned, I don't think so, they tell your to wash it under hot water and then season prior to first use.

Originally posted by Rob_Fox:
And to whoever asked if it comes seasoned, I don't think so, they tell your to wash it under hot water and then season prior to first use.

Yeah, I saw that in their description, it says to wash and pre-heat before initial use, but on another page on their site it says they are pre-seasoned with soy oil.

Originally posted by Rob_Fox:
Man that table is super nice. I can't wait until I own a home and can start settling down a bit. I know if I built something like that I'd probably have to leave or ditch it wherever I'm at. Oh I've been using the poo out of my new grate and love it!

Thanks. Well, if I ever move I'm ditching the table but taking the kettle with me!
I love the grate too. Being able to remove each quadrant is a very nice and practical feature
icon_biggrin.gif

The accessories for the grate were promised by July 28 and I didn't see them on the website today. I sent a msg to the site and got a reply from Rolf Buerkle:

Hello Dan,

sorry, am on a business trip and didnt have time to update the store
yet.

They are due at the warehouse today and will be shipped out in about
3-4 days.

I update the store today, please check back later...

Regards

Rolf Buerkle
rolfbu@gmail.com

Not all of the accessories are available today, but the one that I wanted, grill/griddle for the 22" Weber is listed and for those of you who are looking for the cast iron grate for your 18" kettle, it is now listed as 'available'
The remaining items are scheduled for release at the end of the month.

mine shipped today and should be here by next tuesday. gonna have to get a rib eye roast and slice off some huge steaks

As far as the pre-seasoning goes, I wouldn't put much faith in it. I finally got to use mine last weekend and I noticed that, due to higher humidity here, there was rust on the surface. I brushed that off and then did a major seasoning on the entire unit.
I got two of the grill/griddle plates on Tuesday and seasoned them the same day. This is a really great addition to the Weber kettle!!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back