Genesis x000 replacement drip pan solution?

JohnG

TVWBB Member
I was browsing Amazon and stumbled across this. It looks very promising. It’s a stainless steel, universal drip plan, BUT it’s adjustable for different sized grills.

Anyone tried it on thier Genesis? I have two drip pans I’m pretty decent shape so I’m not really in the market for one. But this seems to check all the boxes….

A71A0C03-9D09-4567-A4D4-1B2CFDCE86C5.jpeg
Grease Tray with Drip Pan for Gas Grill, Outdoor Grill Replacement Parts, Universal Adjustable Stainless Steel Grease Tray Set for Expert, NEXGRILL, Dyna Glo, BHG, Kenmore, Uniflame, Backyard and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B257HWNT/?tag=tvwb-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I did see that a while back and after comparing I did not think it would fit. I think it was that front to back was not large enough but I could be wrong.

I will put that on my list. It is obviously a much more complex undertaking than some relatively small, flat panels - special cut holes notwithstanding. At best, I think anything they could make would not have the nice, rounded bends but more likely would have sharp angles.

Any suggestions what gauge stainless would be needed? I don't think the original pieces were all that thick.

I would say 16 ga. I don't know if you could get by with 18 or not but I would not even consider 20 gauge.

Back