Genesis Silver warming basket - where to find 2nd hand?

David-Belfast

TVWBB Member
Hi all

I'm trying to source a 2nd hand warming basket ( the one that hangs on the lid)

My genesis silver B seems to have its one missing?

Thanks

Trust me David, you don't want one of those second hand. They are made of chrome plated steel and don't age very well. I don't find them to be very useful but did replace the one on my 1998 Genesis when I completely restored it. I don't remember the part number off hand but there are replacements available online if you really want one. The chrome starts to flake off and then it's rust underneath, better to buy a new one. I do however use the other rack that sits on the cookbox regularly, but the same applies to that. I just buy a new one every few years, they are readily available at my local hardware store.

Last edited:
Trust me David, you don't want one of those second hand. They are made of chrome plated steel and don't age very well. I don't find them to be very useful but did replace the one on my 1998 Genesis when I completely restored it. I don't remember the part number off hand but there are replacements available online if you really want one.
i'll trust your expereince Steve - i have the one that sitss across the box at the back of the bbq.

will just make do without it for the better - considering it would be about £70/$90 for a new one in UK

i'll trust your expereince Steve - i have the one that sitss across the box at the back of the bbq.

will just make do without it for the better - considering it would be about £70/$90 for a new one in UK
Yeah, I would be happy to give you one that I would just throw away, but shipping... I can buy one of those here for about $20 for an aftermarket one. It might not matter, but Google the part number and see what else comes up.

I have one of them (actually maybe 2). IDK but I think shipping across the pond would be outrageous :D

I agree with everyone above. While they are kinda useful and stay out of the way when working on the grill, they simply just don't last very long. If you could find someone to fab up a Stainless copy, that would be great. Also, I agree that shipping across the water would be unfeasible.

I agree with everyone above. While they are kinda useful and stay out of the way when working on the grill, they simply just don't last very long. If you could find someone to fab up a Stainless copy, that would be great. Also, I agree that shipping across the water would be unfeasible.
Yes absolutely, no issues, - if the concensus is that no one really uses them, then im happy to make do without

Back