Genesis Silver C

Brian Z

Hello,
My father in-law scored what I believe is a 2002 Silver C from an estate sale for me. Original pics he sent me I thought it was gonna need some work but it cleaned up real nice. In transit the thermoset table blew off (didnt know it was easily removed). I have a few questions if people can point me in the right direction. I already orderd the flavor bars from RC on ebay.

Is there replacements thermoset tables? if not what are people using?
Casters does everyone just get the regular ones from Depot or ACE or is there a upgrade I can get so they aren't so flimsy?
Recommendation on a cover? I don't have to stick to weber.
What products can I use to maybe revive the plastic a bit.
Last does anyone have a blue enamel top to sell lol to match my 22" performer?

Thanks for looking.
Brian

Attachments

• IMG-2027.JPG
    IMG-2027.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-2028.JPG
    IMG-2028.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-2029.JPG
    IMG-2029.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-2030.JPG
    IMG-2030.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-2031.JPG
    IMG-2031.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-2032.JPG
    IMG-2032.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 23
I have lost a couple thermoset tables in transit as well. I should have learned, but I still forget to take them off after I load the grills in my truck. You are actually lucky you didn't lose the lid to the extra burner. I lost one of those and the trivet as well. I would look for one off a donor grill or someone might have one they can sell you.
It is hard to find replacement casters that have the locks on them. Here is where I get mine: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001HYY0L8/tvwb-20
I can't really recommend one cover over another.
I clean up the plastic and thermoset tables with bleach water and then a couple coats of Aerospace 303 brings back the color and shine. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00KN0UOEE/tvwb-20
Again, it is going to be tough to find a blue top, but keep your eyes open, they do show up every so often on CL and FB MP.
20190710 Genesis Gold C (1).JPG
20190925 Weber Genesis Silver B - Blue Head (1).JPG

Those tables are scarcer than hen's teeth. Maybe you can go retro with it. Get a couple Z bars and get some cedar (1x2 boards) and make an old fashioned one. Not sure but I may even have a couple Z bars in the garage

Bruce, I couldnt do anything but laugh we thought we had it so secured. You see that and instantly cuss in your head SOB. The extra burner and trivet were toward the front of the bed of the truck so less wind. But yeah lesson learned. How do those caster fit? Do you just separate the cast itself from the original housing and insert the one you recommended? Also never hear of 303 so thanks for all the info. I see blue covers are rare. Its no biggie if I fond one I fond one. Would just be nice to having a matching set with my performer.

LMichaels, I might get lucky a friend I was just speaking with thinks he has one laying around in his garage from a old grill. I understand making the cedar part but what are Zbars?

You simply pop the old caster out of the plastic insert in the grill leg and pop the new one in.
Yah, just keep your eyes open for the blue lids. I searched for two years for one. Then in the span of two months, I had three of them. I have only come into possession of one since then. Any Blue three burner Weber Genesis grill lid from the mid 80's to 2005 should fit your grill.

Bruce, I couldnt do anything but laugh we thought we had it so secured. You see that and instantly cuss in your head SOB. The extra burner and trivet were toward the front of the bed of the truck so less wind. But yeah lesson learned. How do those caster fit? Do you just separate the cast itself from the original housing and insert the one you recommended? Also never hear of 303 so thanks for all the info. I see blue covers are rare. Its no biggie if I fond one I fond one. Would just be nice to having a matching set with my performer.

LMichaels, I might get lucky a friend I was just speaking with thinks he has one laying around in his garage from a old grill. I understand making the cedar part but what are Zbars?
Zbars are what hold the slats

Yah, Thermoset tables are not that hard to come by. I have a half dozen or so in my shed. They were put on nearly all Genesis Silver B's from 2001 to 2005. If you wait for a donor grill, you shouldn't have to wait too long. Or, someone on this forum will likely sell you one for a reasonable price.

But the Z bars are metal brackets used on the earlier Genesis grills to hold the wood or durawood slats that made up the shelves.

Well my friend insists he has the table, ill see him on Tuesday and take a look. But I got the flavorizer bars in from RC thats a solid product.

If it is a keeper and you want the best, get RC's grates as well. Believe me you will not be sorry

Hello,
My father in-law scored what I believe is a 2002 Silver C from an estate sale for me. Original pics he sent me I thought it was gonna need some work but it cleaned up real nice. In transit the thermoset table blew off (didnt know it was easily removed). I have a few questions if people can point me in the right direction. I already orderd the flavor bars from RC on ebay.

Is there replacements thermoset tables? if not what are people using?
Casters does everyone just get the regular ones from Depot or ACE or is there a upgrade I can get so they aren't so flimsy?
Recommendation on a cover? I don't have to stick to weber.
What products can I use to maybe revive the plastic a bit.
Last does anyone have a blue enamel top to sell lol to match my 22" performer?

Thanks for looking.
Brian
Timothy has some tables for sale (or did...this post has some patina):

Back