Genesis silver B Handle Paint Question....

ChuckD

TVWBB Fan
I have a Genesis silver B which is in great shape but the handles on both ends seem to be peeling and also the condiment tray... The color underneath is black it looks like to me.. I think some dope painted these incorrectly or shouldn't have painted them at all.. Not sure thats why im here asking.. I don't care if if have to paint them again (the right way) or will they hold paint?

Here's a photo of one of the handles.. They seem to be a bit of a ***** to remove, so i will repaint them on the grill taping off the surrounding areas if that's what i need to do.. Or, ill replace them if they are ruined from the dope who tried to paint them before me.. I can basically scratch the paint right off. Here's a Photo. Thanks, Chuck D

Attachments

• 20210524_191313.jpg
    20210524_191313.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190724_181319.jpg
    20190724_181319.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 12
Yah, not sure what is going on there. As far as I know, those should be black. It could be that the black plastic oxidized so bad that the previous owner tried to paint over it and now it is flaking off. I guess you could try to strip the black paint off and then try to clean up the bare handle underneath and then treat it with a protectant to bring back the color. Second option would be to just replace them. Third option would be to clean them up and dye them black again.
If you attend the First Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet next month, I will personally dye them for you.

Ok, so knowing the original color helps. They should be black. So someone painted them silver for whatever reason. Thats awesome Bruce, Had no idea there was a meeting and ty for the offer.. Great bunch of people here. DYing them seems to be the correct way to fix the problem.. I will look for the thread on dying them.. I think ive seen it here on this site..

Back