Genesis II NG To Propane Conversion

hello everyone..
I currently own a genesis II we bought new when we owned our last home.
We recently moved to a new home without a gas line and i want to convert it to propane.

Can anyone provide a chart for replacement of the nozzles? (spuds?...lol)

It would seem I'm going to be making the orifice larger....by how much is the question..

Is there a mathematic equation I can use?...like 25% larger or something like that?

i saw lots of "kits" on amazon..but they show like three of each size...i have four burners and a side plate...

do i need two kits?

for a little extra fun the grill has one valve the will light two burners...so that one orifice is larger.

i understand i assume all the risk in this project....but if someone might have a conversion chart for the orifices sizes...

i would appreciate it.

thanks everyone.

Weber does not make for easy fuel conversions. In over 90% of cases you cannot get away with simply changing orifices as many other grills can. So you have some choices. Get a gas line put in, or buy all the necessary parts to change it. Those parts would be, complete manifold assembly in the fuel of choice, (since going from NG to LP) you will also need the proper regulator with gas line, tank mounting hardware and appropriate heat shielding. Of course this is if you want to do it safely and properly. Don't pay attention to the jokers you see online i.e. YouTube, FleaBay, etc who give false instructions and parts lists.

Yah, even if you wanted to convert your old manifold, you would have to get all new orifices anyway. You can't drill them out because going from NG to LP means you need smaller ones than are currently in it.
But due to the valve issues, you are always best just swapping entire manifolds anyway.

Good morning guys
Thank you all for your help.

I'm sorry i didn't post my full model number...its a Genesis II "S-435 NG SS US/CA"

I don't mind buying the whole manifold if i can get it readily. (The one pictured above wont work)

Will i need some kind of hose and regulator kit as well?

(I like the idea of being able to go back to Nat Gas if i want to some day)

Lookup the LP version of your grill with tb 3 model number.
GENESIS II S-435 LP SS (2019) (US/CA/MX)

Then you'll have the schematic and part numbers.

1967464LP Manifold assembly, Genesis II 430/435 '19

guys..where do you get your parts?
Hi John,

I am a scavenger so my primary source is picking from scrap.

For Weber genuine parts or for other brands I like GrillParts.com.

For aftermarket parts Amazon has a good selection.

For fuel delivery parts I stick with Weber genuine.

Ignition parts aftermarket seems to be the same as Weber.

Cooking surfaces, flavor bars, accessories aftermarket has a wide variety from good enough to superior

ok guys...i "disobeyed" a direct order and simply bought a kit off amazon..(it had a 4 star rating) (55 bucks)......lol

i can say im MOSTLY happy with it.....ill say the grill is running at 90% (the wife just made flank steak..yummo!)

it came with what im calling a "hose kit" regulator and hose (5 foot)..screws right onto the tank and it has a regulator incorporated into the tank end.

the other end needed an adapter to thread onto the manifold. (home depot 5 bucks)

so i successfully made the conversion from nat gas to propane for 60 bucks and an hour of time.

then the "kit" came with three orifices with a "8" stamped in them...and three with a "5" stamped in them.

my grill has 5 burners so i used all three "8's" and two "5's" and reassembled.

after about 12 to 15 mins of all 5 burners on "high" the grill was only able to reach 525 degrees.

when you observe the flames ...you can see the "5's"...blue..but very low (even with the highest setting)

the "8's" are what ill call "moderately high...but i think they could be higher.

im wondering if anyone has any experience with these?

im wondering if i should drill these out a bit?

try to find 9's?

im thinking 5 9's would really give this thing just the kick im looking for....

any input from people who have experience with "tweaking" the orifices would be helpful.

Back