Genesis II LX burner tubes

Joe Widmayer

TVWBB Member
Hello,

I am trying to find out the difference in the 19 1/2 inch burner tubes. I converted a natural gas to propane. I had to replace the gas manifold because the valves were diffenent. Apparently this is not always need but it was on mine.

Weber has not been much help, but very helpful for other things.

They said the natural gas and propane burner tubes were the same and the numbers stamped on the side could not be used. The ones I am using look to work fine. Soon I hope to find my index drill set to check the size of the burner holes. I have three different ones on hand that all look the same. 4 that came on the NG grill, 3 propane from Weber and 2 OEM from an aftermarket dealer.

It also seems to be a difference in the LX (with the over driven flame) vs non LX in part numbers

Thanks

The burner tubes themselves should be the same, you changed the manifold so the correct volume of gas goes to the tubes now.

Are you having any kind of issue that you can describe, like large or small flames?

Changing the manifold for the correct fuel gas is the gold standard way to convert from lp to ng or vise versa. So if you can tell us why you are curious about the burner tubes we can help you.

There seems to be diffence in some. They have different part numbers. Also there seems to be a difference in Geneis II and the Genesis II LX.

I got the ignition working great. The two input "control" connections can be conected to test. The ignition will fire evey 2 seconds. The switch on each burner control knob turns on the ignition. They appear to be simple on off switchs. One knob fires spark to all burners.

The overdiven setting is called A+, like a high, high.

Weber Genesis II  Grill Parts: 19-1/2 Natural Gas (NG) Main Burner Tubes Set Of 2, Genesis II And II/LX 210/240, 410/440 (2017 And Newer)
#66073 - 19-1/2" Natural Gas (NG) "Main" Burner Tubes "Set Of 2", Genesis II And II/LX "210/240, 410/440" (2017 And Newer)
DETAILS
Weber Genesis II  Grill Parts: 19-1/2 Natural Gas (NG) Main Burner Tubes Set Of 3, Genesis II And II/LX 310/340, 610/640 (2017 And Newer)
#66074 - 19-1/2" Natural Gas (NG) "Main" Burner Tubes "Set Of 3", Genesis II And II/LX "310/340, 610/640" (2017 And Newer)
DETAILS
Weber Genesis II  Grill Parts: 19-1/2 Propane (LP) Main Burner Tubes Set Of 3, Genesis II LX 340/640 Series (2017 And Newer)
#67207 - 19-1/2" Propane (LP) "Main" Burner Tubes "Set Of 3", Genesis II "LX" 340/640 Series (2017 And Newer)
DETAILS
Weber Genesis II  Grill Parts: 19-1/2 Propane (LP) Main Burner Tubes Set Of 2, Genesis II LX 240/440 (2017 And Newer)
#67265 - 19-1/2" Propane (LP) "Main" Burner Tubes "Set Of 2", Genesis II "LX" 240/440 (2017 And Newer)
DETAILS
Weber Genesis II  Grill Parts: 19-1/2 Propane (LP) Main Burner Tubes Set Of 2, Genesis II 210/410/610 (2017 And Newer) Replaces 66069
#67488 - 19-1/2" Propane (LP) "Main" Burner Tubes "Set Of 2", Genesis II "210/410/610" (2017 And Newer) Replaces 66069
DETAILS
Weber Genesis II  Grill Parts: 19-1/2 Propane (LP) Main Burner Tubes Set Of 3, Genesis II 310 Series (2017 And Newer)
#67489 - 19-1/2" Propane (LP) "Main" Burner Tubes "Set Of 3", Genesis II "310" Series (2017 And Newer)
DETAILS

I remember now that when the Genesis II line came out, one of the selling points of the "LX" version was a kind of "extra high" - overdrive if you want - setting on the burners. This was to make up for the lack of a dedicated extra sear burner. I think now that they went ahead and brought back the sear burner they no longer offer that. I think the orifices may have been a little larger and on wide-open the btu's produced were higher than the "regular" burner.

I really doubt there is any difference between the LP and NG burners, despite the part numbers being different. Weber is pretty hardcore about keeping people from trying to do conversions - and maybe justifiably when we read some scary things people have unwittingly done in trying to implement that. Making the part numbers different may be just another deterrent aimed at would-be converters.

Thanks.

Before I changed the manifold, I just changed they orafices. The flame was too big. I could not get a low setting. They have continuously variable valve and fixed setting valves. I had the fixed valves. They easiest fix was to buy a new manifold with the valves.

With all the changes, I just wanted to make sure the burner tubes were correct. As I remember (I had put this off for year), Weber sent me 3 burner tube for a 3 burner propane grill my son had. When I bought the new manifold(for the correct valves), I ordered 2 tubes with it. Since the original 4 "natural gas" tubes were in great shape I left them in. They work great. Now I have 5 spare tubes.

They call it a High + setting. It is for quicker preheating and higher grilling temp. They redesigned the grease collection system and I think they were waiting to see how that works out before putting in the extra sear burner.

I bought propane orafices and changed them out. There are two different types of gas valves both put in LP and Nat gas. Unfortunately I had the wrong type. I bought a new manifold (OEM) from a retail parts store. Everthing works great now.

The ignition quit working. I was able to figure it out. It is a great system. Each knob has a switch built in. When you turn on the burner, It completes the control circuit, and the ignition fires to all four burners. A simple way to trouble shoot is just jumper the two control terminals on the module, a it will fire every 2 seconds.

Back